Chapter 28

'Uh, weren't Jennette and Ijekiel supposed to show up to the debutante ball together?'

  "Does your son wish to offer me such a favour?" Athanasia asked out loud.

  "It's a chance for him to be of assistance to you, princess. Wouldn't my son think of it as an honour?" Roger smiled politely at the princess.

  Ijekiel couldn't help but frown. "I mean, if it's for your own benefit father, then not really," he said. 

  'So this isn't Ijekiel's idea.' Athanasia let out a fake polite laugh. 'He still hasn't given up on getting ahold of me.'

  "Since you mention him so much, I'm starting to gain interest in him too. I look forward to meeting at the ball, " she stated, trying her hardest not to sound rude towards the man.

  "Yes. We'll get to have our proper introduction, then," Roger responded.

  The duke and the princess began to have a silent smiling competition, waiting for either one of them to lose.

  "I wish to have the amount of confidence Athy has when it comes to socialising with people like Mister White," Jennette said.

  "I'm not sure if confidence is the right word," Anastacius replied. He smiled lazily. "I think bold is a more appropriate word for the princess."

  'Ugh, that sly fox.'

  "Exactly what I was thinking," Claude mumbled. He folded his arms across his chest. "A dog, a fox... what other animal can I compare that man to..."

  After saying their goodbyes, they went their separate ways. Athanasia mumbled something inaudible as she walked around the palace grounds with Felix by her side.

  "It seems we've missed out on seeing his son every time." Felix decided to speak up.

  Athanasia nodded in agreement. "Seems so," she muttered. 'Actually, I've already met him unofficially.'

  Lucas rolled his eyes. "I hope she knows that every meeting he had with White's boy is because of me. She better thank me for this at least." He then continued to pout as he watched the screen.

  Ijekiel blinked before he smiled charmingly at the magician. "Then, thank you, Sir Lucas, for making all those meetings between the princess and me possible. I am forever grateful."

  Lucas felt a vein-popping inside. "You little piece of-"

  'Boys and their jealousy,' Lily thought before sighing softly. 'Your Highness, do you have any idea about the men you attract?'

  Athanasia remembered the time she was at the flower field with Ijekiel. She remembered how she felt when he slowly took a step closer and gently touch her flowing blonde hair. He was muttering something to her.

  "Still, it's okay," he said. "Next time, I'll..."

  "Ah, it's the young warlock!"

  Felix's sudden exclamation brought Athanasia back to her senses.

  "What did you mean by 'next time', Ijekiel?" Jennette asked him.

  "Oh, it's a bit embarrassing to say-"

  "I'm wondering the same thing," Lucas interjected. "If you can say that to the princess, then surely you can say it out loud for the rest of us to hear."

  "I would love to hear what you have to say as well," Claude joined in.

  Ijekiel felt like melting. 'Why are those two always ganging up on me?'