Chapter 39

A fine day it was, devoid of any possibility of rain. Sitting down by a large tree in Obelia's imperial palace garden, a small group of young ladies were having the time of their life, having a picnic.

  "So, I got the chance to see the lord flower of Marquess House Irain the other girl," one girl said with a smile on her face.

  "Oh! Is he truly as beautiful as the rumours say?" another girl enquired.

  "I dare say, the rumours don't even do him justice."

  Every girl in the group, excluding the two of them who were the princess and Jennette, squealed. "Kyaa!" they cried out.

  The gentlemen in the room couldn't help but sigh. "Another girl talk we have to listen to?" Lucas was the one who spoke about his annoyance. "How boring..."

"Don't they have anything else to say that is not related to boys?" Claude asked, clearly irritated. He never really liked the thought of his daughter being exposed to unworthy love suitors, especially a certain magician and young lord who never seemed to give her space.

  Diana simply sighed. "Claude, just let the young ladies have their fun..."

  "Still, I'm more into that magician we met the other day."

  "I see that I am still famous among the ladies," Lucas said, slightly boosting his ego by pushing his black hair back, revealing his forehead. If he still had his long hair, he would have flipped it, hitting Ijekiel's face.

  'Who am I? Where am I?' Athanasia asked herself in her mind, still having a polite smile on her face to notify the guests she was actually aware of what was happening.

  "Well, you are Princess Athanasia de Alger Obelia," Jennette decided to answer her cousin's questions out of pure amusement. "And currently, you are in the middle of a tea party."

  A short flashback of Athanasia spending time with her father appeared on the screen. 

  "Did you have fun at the tea party?" Claude had asked her while patting her head.

  Athanasia nodded her head. "Yeah! It was fun!"

  Diana smiled at the short scene. "My favourite duo is so cute together!" she cooed.

  'And thus...'

  The princess was seen being surrounded by several girls. Sitting in a circle, underneath a large tree which acted as shade, on a picnic blanket.

  'Before it was even time to turn a page of the calendar, another picnic was held.'

  Ijekiel rubbed his chin. "Question...," he spoke up. He glanced in Jennette's direction. "How much time has passed since this picnic? Do you still remember?"

  "Hmm, if I remember correctly... I think it has been over... over eight or so months? I lost count, to be honest," Jennette answered. "And then we had another picnic a few weeks afterwards... And then the picnic after that - Oh..." Realisation dawned on her of what will happen in the future chapters. Dread was apparent on her face. "Ohh..."

  Ijekiel grimaced, a bit worried. 'So I'm guessing something bad happens soon... I'm not so sure if Lady Diana and the others would like His Majesty in future chapters... Oh, dear.'

  "What's wrong with you two?" Lucas asked when he noticed them looking a bit uncomfortable with something.

  "... I think we're a few chapters away from a certain disaster, is all," Jennette whispered at the magician. "I'm sure you've heard it from Athy. The big disaster during one of the picnics?"