Chapter 54

Warm blood dripped down her father's hands which were covered in deep cuts.

  "If you're gone, I won't need to feel this inexplicable frustration anymore," he said. "Or this unpleasant feeling every time I think of that face."

  The bright yellow light emanating from the magic circles which protected Athanasia from her own father's attacks almost engulfed the rose garden. She stood her ground, though she didn't know just how much longer she could handle this.

  'Am I... getting punished?' she thought.

  "It's really sad that Athy's really thinking that this is all her fault that this happened," Jennette mumbled. Her shoulders dropped and she sank deeper into her seat.

  'I can't even handle my own mana so dad ended up getting hurt trying to save me.'

  Claude pursed his lips. "It's not her fault that she can't handle her overwhelming amount of mana," he said. He glanced forward and saw his older brother's broad back. "Who should really be punished right now is the one who put a curse on a certain blue satin ribbon that her cousin wanted to give her."

  Anastacius froze in his seat. "I... have nothing to say to defend myself."

  'Well, at least he acknowledges the fact that he's the bad guy in this situation,' Lucas thought while rolling his eyes.

  ZAZAZAP!

  Another magic attack

  Athanasia was barely able to catch what kind of expression Claude made as another blast of magic came rushing towards her. Though, she could clearly tell that he absolutely despised every single inch of her existence.

  "So, die," was all she heard from him before everything became a total blur to her.

  Diana just let out a loud sigh of frustration and rubbed her temples. "Claude... I swear to god..." She folded her arms across her chest and, with a soft "Hmph", rested her head on Lily's shoulders. 'I feel like if I'm seeing all of this happening from the afterlife, I would be shrieking at him for harming our little girl... Maybe even throwing some random furniture around. Does the afterlife even have furniture?'

  Glancing at the dancer who was in deep thought about something, Lily just smiled weakly, trying her best to not acknowledge the way the emperor was staring at them both. 'His Majesty... must really dislike me because of how close I am with Diana now.'

  "Princess...," Ijekiel muttered under his breath as he internally prayed that she would be okay after this confrontation, even though he already knew that she somehow lived. 'The news of her sudden disappearance spread like wildfire, with so many people theorizing the reasons why she did that. Who would have thought that she had to get away because her father's trying to kill her?'