𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘙𝘛𝘠-𝘍𝘐𝘝𝘌 - 𝘚𝘐𝘉𝘌𝘙𝘐𝘈

───── ⋆⋅INITIATIVE⋅⋆ ─────

★。/|\。★

AURORAS POV

"What's gonna happen to your friends?" Bucky asked. We had managed to get away from the others. And we're on our way to Siberia. I couldn't help but worry about our friends. They had gone over the law to help us with this. Who knows what will happen to them? I didn't even want to know what they would do to Wanda. The others all have weapons that give them their tactical advantage, but Wanda has bloody magic.

Steve took a deep breath. "Whatever it is we'll deal with it."

"I don't know if I'm worth all this, Steve." Bucky said. It saddened me that he thought himself in that way. Steve was silent for a long moment. "What you did all those years, it wasn't you." Steve reassured him. "You didn't have a choice."

"I know," Bucky replied. "But I did it."

I sighed at the man. "That is not your fault." At all. He was mind controlled; he didn't have control over anything he had done. I remember when I was mind controlled, I was fully conscious over what I was doing. But I couldn't do anything to stop myself till Kilorn whammed me with a spell.

"This is yours." Bucky pulled out a ring from his pocket and showed it to me, it was the ring I gave him to sell for money when I let him go in the Smithsonian. I slipped it in his bag the last time I saw him.

"You didn't sell it?" I asked in surprise as I took it and examined its state. It didn't even look dirty. "That's the whole reason I slipped it in your bag."

"Are you kidding?" Bucky almost laughs. "A guy like me shows up to sell that they'll know something is wrong."

I chuckled and slipped the ring on my finger, wiggling my finger. "Still fits."

"I need to ask you something." Bucky says, turning his head to look at me. "Why would you stick up for me? Steve, I understand I guess but you-?"

"Bucky, I saw firsthand what HYDRA did to you. They did it to me as well. You aren't responsible for what you've done. " I told him. "They made you do all of that, being out of control is a horrible thing. And if I'm being honest, you just remind me of my brother."

"Oh great." Bucky says sarcastically. "Which one?"

I cracked a small smile. "Loki."

"Ah so a madman homicidal killer." Bucky nods. "Yup that tracks."

I rolled my eyes. "Not like that." I paused. "Actually, yeah like that. Everyone sees him that way. A killer, a psychopath. But all I see is my big brother who would prank Thor to make me smile."

Who would read me bedtime stories and well, all I see is my big brother. No matter all of these horrible things.

"When everyone looks at you all they see is a HYDRA Assassin who's killed dozens. But they don't see the pain behind your eyes, the nightmares I'm sure you have. And they don't see Sergeant Barnes before HYDRA. That's who Steve sees, his best friend, his brother.