𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘛𝘞𝘖 - 𝘔𝘐𝘙𝘈𝘎𝘌

───── ⋆⋅INITIATIVE⋅⋆ ─────

★。/|\。★

"Rory," Natasha called me. "Yes?" I questioned as Steve lifted Strucker and we began to walk. "It's time for the Hulk's lullaby."

Oh, I almost forgot. "Right. I'm coming!"

Ever since I volunteered to help Bruce with his little problem, you know. Turning from the Hulk back into himself, I've been the one that's had to turn him back. We tried different ways to get Bruce to regain control, but none worked best then a little mirage.

I dropped by the Quinjet really quickly to get Bruce's change of clothes and then found Hulk smack dab in the forest, smashing a tank into pieces. I put my fingers to my lips and whistled for his attention. Hulk turns, you can see his breathing because of how cold it is. Nostrils flaring.

"Alright big guy," I said as I took small steps to him. "It's time for a little nap." I put down the clothes and raised my hand.

Hulk slowly reaches out, his large green hand touching mine. My hand was definitely more Pettit compared to his. I began to do what I always did, get into his head. My yellow/white hues began to seep from my hands and to him, I pulled my hand away as they began to cloud over his eyes.

Putting Hulk to sleep is tough, but this has proved to work. I always ask Bruce beforehand what he wants to see. Whenever he just tells me to think something up, I usually make him see Asgard. But I'm thinking instead of having Hulk give it a go.

Hulk goes Hulk whenever he sees something that aggravates him, so I make him see a sun setting. He's sitting on a cliff, a beautiful scenery in front of him. The sun's coming down, something like straight out of a movie. Hulk begins to settle down, getting sleepy. At this point I know the image is embedded in his mind, so I stopped. He stumbled away, and I looked away as he began to change back into Bruce.

I know he's back when I hear him shiver. "Welcome back." Bruce doesn't respond till he's in clothing that actually fits him. "Still doesn't feel like a good welcome." Bruce muttered as he looked around at all the damage, he probably thought he had done.

He was always doing this. "It is always good to have you back." I tried to encourage him as we began to walk back to the ship. Bruce shakes his head, looking down. He didn't want to see all the damage. He never does.

When we got back to the ship, Kilorn was patching up Clint as much as he could with the first aid kit. Kilorn has been learning so much more than I care about the human body. He said it was barely different from our own physiology. Ever since he witnessed Fury get shot and "die" he's been taking classes. Believe it or not. At some point I'm going to end up addressing him as Dr. Kilorn King.

"How is he?" I asked as I approached the stretcher. "He'll be fine." Kilorn said as he wrapped the last bandage around the burned wound. "It's only a flesh wound."

"Thank god for that." Nat said as she put away the stuff Kilorn used. I nodded. "I'm just really lucky." Clint said, wincing as he moved. "I'd advise against moving." Kilorn warns him. "It's a flesh wound but it'll still hurt like hell."

Clint nods, seeing he was right. I looked at Bruce, he sat in the corner, blanket wrapped tight around him as he listened to some music. Classical given it is Bruce.

The mirage might help Hulk get calm enough for Bruce to regain control, but it doesn't help Bruce. "You know the mirage worked better today," I spoke nonchalantly as I strolled past him. Bruce lowered the headphones, "It makes him feel better. Not me."

I pout. "Thor," Nat calls to my brother. "Report on the Hulk?" I crack a smile, always eavesdropping this one.

Thor grinned as he gave his report, "The gates of Hell are filled with the screams of his victims."

My eyes go wide, what?! I shoot my brother a glare as Banner groans in despair. That was not at all helping him with this!

Thor stammers when he realizes what his words caused, "Uh, but not the screams of the dead, of course. No no, uh...wounded screams, mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids and, and uh... and gout."

I facepalm myself on the forehead and shake my head at my brother. Idiot. Helping Bruce control his Hulk instincts was hard, I tried to convince him for a time to just embrace who he was. The Hulk was a part of him. There was no changing that. I just wish they would work together, maybe that way he could go about living his life as normal as possible. It's what he wants anyway. Now that we've finally brought down the last head of HYDRA, he's going to go back to helping people.

"Hey Banner," Tony called out from the pilot's seat. "Dr. Cho's on her way in from Seoul, is it okay if she sets up in your lab?"

"Uh, yeah." Bruce said. "She knows her way around."

"Thanks."

I pat Bruce's shoulder, trying to reassure him again that he would be fine. Truth is that if it wasn't for him or Hulk, there would have been twice the casualties, and Clint probably would be dead by now. 

I head towards my brother and smack him on the back of the head for his comments that did not whatsoever make Bruce feel good. 

I looked down at the Chitahuri scepter, the glowing blue jewel. We've spent the past year hunting this thing down, and even looking at it now reminds me of everything that we went through because of it. Losing Coulson, losing myself.

I can't wait for this thing to be locked up in the vault.

"Feels good," Tony states as he walked over to us. "Yeah? I mean, you've been after this thing since S.H.I.E.L.D. collapsed. Not that I haven't enjoyed our little raiding parties, but-" 

Thor nods. "No, but this...this brings it to a close."

"As soon as we find out what else this has been used for." Steve said. "I don't just mean weapons. Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?" I did agree with him. Human enhancement. I have seriously underestimated the advancements humans can make. 

"Banner and I will give it the once over before it goes back to Asgard." Tony states, he looked at my brother and me. "Is that cool with you? Just a few days till the farewell party." He points at Thor. "You're staying, right?"

"Yes, yes, of course." Thor said. "A victory should be honored with revels." 

"Yeah, who doesn't love revels?" Tony leaned forward to look at Steve. "Captain?" 

"Hopefully this puts an end to the Chitauri and Hydra." Steve looked at Tony, smiling. "So, yes, revels."

I smiled and pat Tonys arm. "I'm going to warn you now, we Asgardians party like it's 1999."