𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘌𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕 - 𝘕𝘈𝘛𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘐𝘌𝘓 𝘗𝘐𝘌𝘛𝘙𝘖 𝘉𝘈𝘙𝘛𝘖𝘕

MAY 24

 "When are mom and dad coming back?" Cooper asked while we had breakfast. I shrugged; I really didn't know the answer to that. Clint and Lila headed to the hospital over three days ago. That's how long the baby was due. According to the doctors, despite being due three days ago, the baby did want out of Laura but was taking his sweet sweet time. 

Her water officially broke last night and as far as Clint tells us she is still in labor. I love my unborn nephew so much already, but I wish he could come sooner. "They'll be back before you know it." Natasha told him, patting his arm. "When they call, we'll take you two to go meet your new baby brother."

Because Laura was very much pregnant, Natasha and I stopped by to help them around the house and with the kids. It was probably a good thing that we got here, we were planning on coming today, but we decided to pop in early for a surprise.

Lilla pouts. "I still wanted a sister." I nod and pat the little girl's arm. "Me too sweetie."

I finished my breakfast and took my plate into the kitchen, putting it in the sink. I woke up early to do breakfast, Natasha is the one who is supposed to wash them since Wanda, and I cooked. Yes. Natasha and I brought her with us. After talking with Clint, who seemed to have a personal connection with her, we decided maybe it'll be best if she came. For some reason the Barton household seems to be a safe place for people who have just lost something. One thing I've learned about Wanda is that she is a very big cook.

Lila gave her the entire house tour, and Cooper showed her his entire hot cars collection. I think it was doing her some good. The Avengers Compound was a buzz of activity, it was nice to get away from it all. "Good morning." Wanda greets as she descends the stairs, her brown hair hanging behind her damp. "Good morning." Lila greets through a mouthful of pancakes and a smile. Wanda smiled lightly and sat down at the table. "Good morning."

"Okay so," I said, clapping my hands together as I returned to the table. "I was thinking we should go out and do some shopping." Cooper and Lila lift their heads at the mention of shopping.

 "For a new video game?!"

"Barbies!"

Wanda laughed lightly at the kid's enthusiasm of going to the mall. "Not exactly." I looked at the girls. "What do you guys think? We'd have to wear disguises," mainly because we are back on the news because of what happened in Sokovia. Apparently, the news only likes us when we save the world or go out with humans. And that last statement is directed at me and Steve and Thor and Jane. Or I guess it just applies to me and Steve now.

Lila burst into giggles. "You three can be the powerpuff girls." 

Wanda laughs beside her. "Who would we be then?" 

Lila thinks it over, stroking her chin. She finally points at Natasha, "You would be Blossom." She points at Wanda, "You would be buttercup." She then points at me. "You would be Bubbles."

Well, that's a given. Wanda shrugs lightly. "Excellent choices." 

We spent the next few minutes having Lila completely change our wardrobe. Making us wear the colors of our designated powerpuff girl. I even let her do my hair, putting them up in two pigtails. I was completely decked in blue; Natasha wore a brightening amount of pink and Wanda green. Lila was very pleased with her work and snapped a picture of the three of us. We honestly didn't even look bad. 

After changing, we took Cooper and Lila to the nearest mall. And no one recognized us. We were half-way done with our shopping when Natasha's phone rang. "Is that dad?" Cooper asked as we pushed the shopping cart in the checkout lane. Nat nodded as she answered. "Hello?" 

Wanda and I load the stuff we were buying on the conveyer belt as we listened to Nat talk on the phone with Clint. "If we leave now, I can show you guys a few sitcoms I used to watch when I was your age." Wanda tells the kids, who got excited at the news. 

"Those sitcoms are going to have to wait." Natasha cut in. "Clint called. We can head to the hospital now." The kids cheered and I let out a happy squeal. Oh wait, we have all of this. 

"Alright come on," Natasha said as she takes the keys. "I'll bring the car around you guys finish here." 

We all nodded eagerly. Natasha left to bring the car around and while the kids and I finished paying for stuff. That's when I noticed the face of uncertainty Wanda had as we paid. "What's wrong?" I asked her as I take the shopping bags and dumped them in the cart. Wanda shakes her head as she finished paying. "Nothing it's just that this feels kind of wrong."

"Daddy wanted you here." Lila said, the sneaky little girl was listening in. "I'm glad he did." 

Wanda smiled at the girl. 

"Nat's outside!" Cooper calls as he began pushing the cart for the exit. Nat quickly got down from the car and helped us load the stuff. And as soon as everyone had their seatbelts on, we were off to the hospital. 

"We're here for Clint and Laura Barton." Natasha told the receptionist, balancing Lila on her hips and a bag in another. I hold Coopers hand, jumping up and down in excitement. I couldn't wait to see the new addition to the Barton family. I physically couldn't wait any longer. 

The receptionist had directed us to their room. Nat knocks on the door to signal our presence as we walked in. 

"Hi." We greeted in quiet but excited whispers. Laura lays in the hospital bed, hooked up to about a hundred devices. She looked tired but she seemed healthy.  "Hi," she said softly as Clint helps her sit up a bit by putting a pillow behind her. 

"How are you doing?" Nat asked her as we gave her a quick hug. 

"Tired," Laura admits. "But happy." 

Clint smiled as we all embraced him. "Congratulations you two." I said to them both as Cooper and Lila went to embrace their mother. "So," I began as I rubbed my hands together in excitement. "Where is our little nephew?" 

Clint smiles widely as he moved to the side to show us the baby boy in the small little bed thingy the nurses had put him in. It was hard to figure how who's "awe" was the loudest. Clint picked him up carefully, rocking him back and forth in his arms. The scene warmed my heart. 

"What's his name?" We all asked. We were all very curious. Clint smiles as he looked at Wanda, who was keeping to herself. "Want to hold him?" 

Wanda didn't look sure as Clint walked over to her. "Come on," he says as he puts the baby in her arms. Lila and Cooper were right next to her, cooing at their baby brother in Wandas's arms. 

"His name," Clint starts as he looked at us all. "Is Nathaniel Pietro Barton." 

At the mention of Pietro's name, Wanda looked up at him in surprise. Tears began to pool in her eyes. "Your brother saved my life." Clint expressed as Wanda looked down again at little Nathaniel. "I'll always remember that." 

Wanda smiles at him, "Thank you." 

Aw. That was such a lovely way to pay homage for Pietro. That was so sweet. Now I'm realizing I probably should have brought Veronica as well. I asked her to come with us because I kind of didn't want Wanda to feel out of place, but she had declined. Shame, I think she would have loved this as well. 

Clint nods and wrapped an arm around the brunette. He looks at the kids, Natasha and I. "Anyone else want to hold him?" 

Is that even a question?