𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘍𝘖𝘜𝘙 - 𝘔𝘌𝘔𝘖𝘙𝘐𝘈𝘓

───── ⋆⋅INITIATIVE⋅⋆ ─────

★。/|\。★

Apart from the beautiful breakfast in bed, and the small celebration the team had for me and the presents that I absolutely love, I had to set aside my birthday celebration for the rest of the day anyhow.

I sit with Kilorn, Veronica and Sam in the cathedral that is packed with mourners. It was only the three of us, since most of the team was going to Vienna. Signing the Accords. Yeah, that is still happening. Most of the team is signing, even Kilorn.

I was still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that if I don't sign, I won't get to be an Avenger. But then again, I don't really care for titles. Veronica joined because apparently, she had known Peggy when she was younger. Called her 'the only good guidance I had' when she and her father moved to the states.

The choir began singing. Steve is one of six pallbearers carrying a coffin draped with the Union Jack. His eyes are red--he's been crying. If it was my first love's funeral I'd be crying too. I glanced at the picture of Peggy at the altar, she wore a military uniform. No doubt taken during the time Steve knew her. She was beautiful. I had only met her once, but she definitely gave me some good advice.

Steve and the rest of the pallbearers take their seats, we had seats up front so we had a good view of the whole ceremony. Steve takes my hand, pressed a thankful kiss on it and just holds my hand close. I managed a small smile and we held hands through the entire procession.

"And now, I would like to invite Sharon Carter to come up and say a few words."

My eyes go a little wide in surprise when Agent 13, Steve and Kilorn's "neighbor" from DC, steps up to the podium. When Steve and Kilorn told me their neighbor was really an agent, I wasn't exactly surprised, but a Carter? Now that surprises me.

Kilorn from Steve's other side nudged him, making Steve lookup. From the look on Steve's face something tells me he didn't know about the relation between them. Veronica wasn't at all surprised like the rest of us, she waves politely at Sharon who smiled at the brunette. We all sort of turned to her in surprise. Veronica noticed and shrugged, "It's cousin Sharon."

Cousin Sharon?

Sharon didn't look too comfortable as she addressed the crowd. Not even glancing our way.

"Margaret Carter was known to most as a founder of SHIELD but I just knew her as Aunt Peggy." Sharon told the crowd. "She had a photograph in her office. Aunt Peggy standing next to JFK. As a kid, that was pretty cool. But it was a lot to live up to. Which is why I never told anyone we were related.

"I asked her once how she managed to master diplomacy and espionage in a time when no one wanted to see a woman succeed at either. And she said, compromise where you can. But where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move . . . it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in the eye and say "No, you move."