𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘌𝘓𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘕 - 𝘋𝘖𝘔𝘌𝘚𝘛𝘐𝘊 𝘈𝘝𝘌𝘕𝘎𝘌𝘙𝘚

───── ⋆⋅INITIATIVE⋅⋆ ─────

★。/|\。★

"How about Nathaniel Bartholomew Barton?" I suggested to Clint as he washed dishes while I merely just watched. "Nate Bart Barton? No."

I had already helped Laura clean the house up from head to toe, fold some laundry and helped the kids pick up their toys. Now with most of the chores done, I've been trying to figure out a good middle name for Nathaniel. Now that she turns out to be a he, Aurora won't be sufficient. Sad.

I pouted in defeat. "Why is choosing middle names so hard? I mean do they really have to rhyme?" I juggle an apple from one hand to the other, trying to think of more.

"Why?" Clint asks. "You don't have one?"

"No." I said, popping the O sound as I played with my bracelet. Well, unless you count the fake middle name I put on my documents when I got here. But then again it doesn't really count.

Laura came into the kitchen with a baking pan filled with brownie mix and Lila with her mouth covered in it. "Licked the spoon huh?" I told her as Laura put the pan on the counter.

"Yup." Lila said with a smile.

"Leave me some?"

"Nope."

I frowned at her, "Chocolate stealer."

Licking the spoon is my thing. Yes, childish I know. But hey it's chocolate.

"Aurora honey, you can heat them up now." Laura said to me as she finished putting the sprinkles on the brownie mix batter. "Heat vision or just palm?" I asked her and before she answered Clint spoke up, "The palm." He reached down to Lila and began to clean the chocolate stains on her mouth with a handkerchief.

 "I don't want you dancing around the house with the heat vision on because you want brownies."

I faked being hurt. "I am offended that you'd think I can't control myself." Clint shoots me a look; he knew exactly how I got when I was excited. And the laser thing happened to be a onetime thing, and it was outside. "But fine."

I grabbed the tray and balanced it with one hand. One hand on the bottom and one on the top. I emitted a small but powerful heat that started to cook the brownie mix and carry the smell around the house.

"Done." I said proudly as I put the tray down and let Laura cut them into slices. "Okay what about Nathaniel Milton Barton." I suggested it to Clint one last time as I took the plates from the cupboards. "Where are you getting these names?" Clint asked incredulously as he dried his hands.

"Top of my head."

"I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, you are the strangest person I've met."