𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠- 𝘛𝘏𝘙𝘌𝘌 - 𝘉𝘐𝘙𝘛𝘏𝘋𝘈𝘠 𝘚𝘜𝘙𝘗𝘙𝘐𝘚𝘌

───── ⋆⋅INITIATIVE⋅⋆ ─────

★。/|\。★

JUNE 22

I sniffed the air. Was that-? I sat up straighter in bed, realizing that the bed was empty except for me. I turned to come face to face with a breakfast tray on the nightstand, filled with the most adorable little set up and the most amazing smelling food. The food smelled and looked amazing, pancakes with strawberries and blueberries. Two small little jars with more syrup and honey. A cup of orange juice in a glass cup, and a single rose in a little vase.

I smiled widely; I think I had a feeling who had done this.

The said person walks into our bedroom. Steve didn't look exactly surprised to see me awake. "I thought I'd still have some time." He muttered to himself as he approached. I laughed lightly, "When did you have time to do all this?" I asked him as he took the breakfast tray and put it in front of me. I licked my lips hungrily at the smell. God I just want to devour it all.

"I woke up in the middle of the night." I looked at him surprised as I took the utensils wrapped in a napkin. "Did you even get any sleep?"

Steve chuckles and shakes his head. "Had to trade that in." I shoot him an accusing look. 

"Steve-"

"We'll how else was I supposed to make you breakfast in bed if you're always the first one up?"

Well he had a point on that. No one in the compound wakes up earlier than me. I am the goddess of the sun for Odins sakes. But I still didn't like that he was sleep deprived from doing so. Before I dug into the pancakes, I paused, keeping the fork hovering over it. Today we were flying to London. For Peggy's funeral. And here Steve is most undoubtedly pushing aside his feelings about the situation by dotting on me and my special day. Don't get me wrong I love being dotted on by my boyfriend, but-

I shake my head as I put the fork down. "What's wrong?" Steve asked, probably wondering if it had to do something about his cooking.

"Steve, you don't have to do this." I motioned to the breakfast tray.
Steve shook his head in disagreement. "It's your birthday."

"Yeah and it's also the funeral of Peggy." I reminded him. Although I don't think anyone needed reminding. Almost everyone that had been on SHIELDs side was attending the funeral, we all were. So that's why this felt kind of no.

"Your first love."

Steve sighs. "I just thought maybe if I can focus on the positive I can try to push through the negative." I smiled and creased his cheek. "And I love you for that. But I'm 1,035 years old today." God, 1,035. I could shudder. In about 5 years I'll be 1,040. We'll, at least Kilorn can finally stop bragging that he's 3 months older than me.