𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠-𝘍𝘐𝘝𝘌 - 𝘋𝘌𝘑𝘈 𝘝𝘜

───── ⋆⋅INITIATIVE⋅⋆ ─────

★。/|\。★

KILORNS POV

I yawned as I drank down the last sip of coffee in order to stay awake. "You should probably get rid of that." Natasha said as she signed a few papers that needed her attention. I sighed and tossed the coffee up in the trash. We all had to skip the reception of Peggy Carters funeral to sign these stupid accords. I didn't exactly agree with it, but then again, if the humans don't want our protection what can I do about that?

"Why can't I just sign this now and go back to the compound?" I questioned Natasha as I took a look around the room. It was filled with what seems like hundreds of officials, military personnel and press. I haven't been in a room this full since well, never. It almost kind of reminded me of home, when we were briefed before missions.

"Because you actually have to be here." Veronica answered as she appeared at our side. She was probably the one that was most excited to be here, probably because she had made plans to head to Germany the second this was all over.

"This is history in the making."

I snort. I've lived through history. This is something that people will forget the second the next fight happens. Or when Thor comes back.

"Oh relax," Natasha said as she nudged me. "I don't like the spotlight either." That is not why I want to get out of here. It's my best friend's birthday and starting today she is no longer an Avenger. Which doesn't seem like much of a birthday anyway, especially since she spent a part of it at the funeral of her boyfriend's ex.

"I suppose neither of us is used to the spotlight," said a voice. The girls and I turned to see the prince of Wakanda. T'Challa. I did my research. Plus, this was all sort of on the news. T'Challa looked at Natasha. "You seem to be doing all right so far. Considering your last trip to Capitol Hill." Ah yes, when she mouthed off. "I wouldn't think you'd be particularly comfortable in this company."

"Well, I'm not."

"And that alone makes me glad you are here, Ms. Romanoff." I stare at the man blankly. What were Veronica and I invisible? We were standing right here.

"Why?" I questioned the prince, turning his attention to me. "You don't approve of all this?" Considering that the 8 people killed in the explosion almost 2 months ago were Wakandans, I would have thought he agreed on all of this.

"The Accords, yes. The politics, not really." He admitted. "Two people in a room can get more done than a hundred." Well, that was definitely true.

"Unless you need to move a piano." joins another voice. Now King T'Chaka joined our conversation.

"Ms. Romanoff," King T'Chaka greeted us. "Ms. Stucker, Mr. King." It was about an instinct that I bowed. Serving Odin for over a thousand years has made it an instinct that I will probably never get rid of.