74

CONTENT WARNING: sexual content lol

My skin was red and a bit swollen around the tattoo that is now permanently on my skin. The tattoo artist began putting some ointment on it before covering it up to protect it. Louis was on the chair next to the bed I had been on, while he smiled as he watched me in the mirror.

Just as he had spoke those words he smiled at me and right then I felt an aggressive sting which made me wince before closing my eyes, scrunching my face. He kissed the top of my head before running his thumb over the top of my hand. It took me some time to get used to the pain and also to really grasp what he'd said. He didn't say it again and when I finally grasped what had been said from his mouth I was scared he'd be upset, but when I looked up at him he just smiled at me.

By the time everything fell into place, my head was spinning. I can't even tell if he's just saying it because it sounds good, because he wants me to believe it or if he actually means it. Then I began wondering, if I were to say it, for what reason would I be saying it? We aren't even boyfriend and girlfriend, we know we're something but that is still the only thing we know about it.

He stood up from the chair, slowly walking over to me. He had a small, sweet, smile on his face as he put his hands in his pockets. As soon as the plastic was covering my tattoo I could put my dress on properly again, then I turned to Louis who put his hands on my shoulders.

"It looks nice," he says softly as he look at it in the mirror, "is all the craziness done for the night? or are you getting a piercing too? maybe skydiving?"

"No, I'm done for the night," I chuckle meeting his gaze, getting my face closer to his so I can meet his lips. I put my hand on the back of his neck, using my thumb to caress the thumb, "Let's just go and go to bed."

"I thought you didn't want to go back?" He asks, a glimpse of mischief behind his gaze.

"Well, what choice do we have?" I shrug, immediately feeling the skin moving and burning a little bit.

"I have a few ideas..." he says, taking a step back as the tattoo artist walks back into the room after cleaning up the studio, "There are probably hundreds of hotels in this damn city, it's not like we're short on cash," he shrugs, cocking his eyebrows.

"Sorry for interrupting, can I take your payment?" the artist asks, I nod and follow him out to where we walked in, "So... that will be 190 dollars."

"For that? it's a small tattoo!" Louis objects behind me but I roll my eyes with a sigh before using my arm to push him away.

"That's fine, give me a second," I say as I bring up my card and hand it to him so he can set it up with the machine.

"You're getting robbed," Louis says behind me.

"No, Louis, it's within the average price range for a smaller tattoo, stop it!" I say before putting my code in the machine and watching the payment go through. I smile at the artist before turning back to Louis who sighs and rolls his eyes. I roll my eyes right back and push him out of the store, "Thank you so much, sir!" I yell over my shoulder.

We get out on the street and we begin walking down the same street that had been loud with music, laughter and people shouting. It had died down a little with people starting to leave the pubs and clubs all around us. I look around and my eyes land on a hotel right in front of us.

"There's a hotel right here, wanna check if they have a room?" I ask, gesturing towards it. Louis stops and looks at it before looking down at me again. He looks around and seems to be in thought for a bit.

"I have another idea," He says finally, "it's not too far and there's no way anyone will find us there, we'll hide there until tomorrow and then when we're leaving for Vancouver. Your dad can only do so much, you know."