44

LOUIS POV:

The door shut behind me and I was alone in my hotel room. That was one hell of a night, I knew something would happen. The paparazzi were there, meaning they must've knew we were coming. Who knows who else knew we would be there. The fucking Delinquents. We've had our ups and downs with them. We've had our fair share of arguments an issues, we've been at each others throats. It has reached a new high now that they're working with Harvey.

But oh how that chick went for Avery. I didn't even see her down there, she must've waited on the roof or something. The reason I even put my gun down to begin with was because I saw Harry sneaking up behind her. I was not going to let that go easy if I didn't know Avery was going to be fine.

I saw the fear in Avery's eyes as she looked at me with the gun to her head. She did it pretty well, tripped a guy, got his gun, I mean how could she had known that someone else was up there. She was so close. Not going to lie, I was a bit impressed. But the fear in her eyes was something else. I had seen her scared when she fell in the blood, but this time she was scared because she thought she was going to get killed, she was so terrified.

Zayn had called Harry for help right after we hung up, luckily. He was also smart enough to go up to the roof instead of through the door. That boy got his brain with him at all times. I don't know what he did to the girl after I got Avery inside, I was focused on how Avery would react.

The sunroof was right above some bedroom. It was empty and the door was closed. As soon as Avery sat her foot back on the floor she turned to me. I saw how her bottom lip was shaking, even worse than her knees did on her way down. This was new to her, of course she would be scared. Tears brimmed in her eyes so I just took her in for a hug. I knew there was nothing I could say to make her feel better. She must have seen her life flashing before her eyes, and the experience overall must have been nerve wrecking to say the least.

She was shaking in my arms and her legs struggled to keep her standing. I heard sobs from my shoulder where she had her head. Her hands were right by my shoulder blades, holding on to my shirt. The guilt washed over me because I was the one who took her up there. Usually I wouldn't care, but this isn't a one time thing, this isn't the first time they're after her too. They've been out for her too because she's someone close to us, along the fact that her mother's dirty business.

When we heard Harry come down from the roof she backed away and wiped the tears away from her face before looking around. I asked if she was alright and she just nodded as she walked towards the bathroom with the words "I need to clean myself up... we don't want anyone finding out right."

When Harry came down I told him to not ask her to do anything, she had been through enough for one night. He agreed and we waited for her to com back out while I explained the situation to Harry. When Avery came back out we walked together out to the party. She wasn't as shaky anymore and she had cleaned up the makeup that had been running down her face, her eyes were still a bit puffy and a little red but she said it was fine and it was dark enough for no one to notice. Harry put his hand on her back in comfort and we walked back out to find the others and leave.

Harry and I told her to stay with Sophie tonight so that she's not alone. I don't think they would come for her again in one night, but mostly so that she wouldn't be alone. I don't think she would wan to be alone after something like this, and no matter how much Liam would like to stay with Sophie, I think he would agree. I just hope Avery can get some sleep tonight.

We also told her to not go anywhere alone. Even though they probably won't come for her twice in one night, it's too big of a risk to take. We told her to either take Sophie or one of us. She'll probably not take us, but at least she has Sophie.