Episode 59: Why Are You So Familiar?

▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄

( 💌 )

- || 201022 ~ Thursday || - =====₊❏❜ 59 - Why Are U So Familiar? ࿐

=====
❏❜ 59 - Why Are U So Familiar?

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

MIRAE HAS BEEN STAYING INSIDE her room for the entire morning and afternoon. Heeseung had urgent matters to settle but, he decided to stay together with Mirae. However, Mirae felt that it was better if he went to attend to these matters if not, it would not be fair to the citizens of this country.

Mirae had no appetite for almost the entire day. She also drank only a few sips of water. Her head was in a huge mess as she kept on recalling what happened at the dining table yesterday. She still could not recover from the shock.

Mirae had already guessed the reason why she could not conceive. That was most probably because Mirae was not even from this world. She therefore could not force someone to enter this world as well.

She was so glad that she had such a wonderful and considerate soulmate like Heeseung. He was always so gentle and caring towards her. Mirae just could not ask for more.

Thinking back about her real world, there was a part of her inside her heart that she wanted to head back to where she belonged. She wanted to work as a nurse and help people out. However, another part of her wanted to stay because...

She was afraid of losing Heeseung.

She still could remember the exact nightmare she had twice and it still made her worried all the time. What if one day that dream comes true? What if after that incident, I will need to head back to my world?

I don't want to leave you...

*Knock knock!*

"Who is it?" Mirae snapped out of her thoughts and turned to the door. "It's me, Your Highness!" Mirae realised that it was Minjung at the door. Hearing that it was not Heeseung, Mirae frowned a little bit, she still let Minjung in.

"Hi, Mirae!" Minjung waved and hugged Mirae before releasing and heading to Mirae's bed and taking a seat there. "Come on!" Minjung patted the space, signalling for Mirae to sit beside her.

"What made you come here?" Mirae asked as she took a seat. "Nothing much. I just wanted to see if you are doing... Fine!" Minjung smiled and admired the furniture and things in Mirae's room.

"Oh! Are you here to talk about what happened yesterday? It's not your fault. I know..." Mirae reassured Minjung, not wanting Minjung to think badly of herself.

"Really?" Minjung asked again.

"Yes. I know it's not your fault." Mirae nodded her head and Minjung grinned back.

"Here are some tarts I've made for you! You should try them out. Not the best but, edible! This is for you and Heeseung to thank him for saving me that day." Minjung said and passed the basket of tarts to Mirae. "Oh, thank you so much! Wait..." Mirae paused, replaying what Minjung just told her, in her mind again.

"Heeseung saved you? What do you mean? Are you hurt or anything?" Mirae worried and placed the basket of tarts on the side. What day was it? What happened? Why didn't Heeseung tell me anything about it? What's going on?

"Yeap! That day when he followed me to the Night Festival. I fell into the river. I know it's embarrassing! But, thank god! He saved me!" Minjung explained. "Oh..." Mirae replied.

"I went unconscious and nearly died. But, he saved me! It's truly a miracle! So, this is to thank him for that day too." Minjung referred to the basket of food she made. "Ah, I get it now." Mirae understood and thanked Minjung again for the food before Minjung left.

Mirae closed the door and thought about her conversation with Minjung again. No, she was not mad that Heeseung went to save Minjung. No, she was not mad that Heeseung did not tell her about this.

But, she felt something was amiss. The way how Minjung told her about that incident felt like Minjung was rather... Showing off to Mirae. The slightly proud tone Minjung used and those mannerisms...

Was she trying to show off in front of me? Mirae furrowed her eyebrows and thought about it again. Was she thinking too much? Was she thinking too badly of Minjung? And, another question that she had not been saying much: Why was Minjung so oddly familiar? She did not know. Mirae did not know. However, all in all, she could only conclude that...

She was envious of Minjung.

Yes, it was certainly bad of her to be and feel like this but, what could she ever do? Her emotions were getting ahead of her. But, since this was how she felt about Minjung, she had to fix it.

She has decided that she will not hide in her bedroom forever. She has to stand up for herself and her feelings. She needed to accept them since her feelings determine who she truly was.

"I have to tell Heeseung about it."

─────── at night...

"Heeseung," Mirae called him and he blinked his eyes opened. "What's wrong, love?" He asked with a sleepy but, soothing tone while he hugged her while lying on the bed.

"Can we meet at the flower bridge tomorrow at 9 pm?" Mirae requested. She had been thinking about it for the entire afternoon and decided to tell him everything there. That was the most perfect place to do it.

"Of course. But, why?" He asked, curious about Mirae's sudden request to meet up somewhere.

"I have something to tell you and I want to tell it to you there," Mirae answered and he nodded despite dying of curiosity about what it was. "Alright, if you say so. Don't be late then." He agreed.

"Okay, don't think so much. Let's sleep, okay?" He placed a gentle kiss on her lips. Mirae's heart then felt at ease. She had not been feeling this way for the longest time. It was such a relief that she had Heeseung.

Really.

I...

What am I to do without you...

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

——— ( ✍︎︎ ) notes 📝 ———

THE NEXT CHAPTER IS GOING TO HURT REAL BAD! CAUTION FIRST! VERY PAINFUL!
( Tbh it's quite easy to predict what is going to happen already! 😉 )

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Next Episode

Episode 60 - I Get It Now...