Episode 58: You Don't Know How I Feel

▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄

( 💌 )

- || 191022 ~ Wednesday || - =====₊❏❜ 58 - U Don't Know How I Feel ࿐

=====
❏❜ 58 - U Don't Know How I Feel

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"IT'S GREAT TO HAVE ALL of you here for lunch. I did not manage to catch up with you all for breakfast but, here we are." The King laughed while everyone sat at the dining table, ready for lunch.

Mirae looked a little messy. If it were not for Jinae, she would still be sleeping. Usually, Heeseung would call her to wake up nicely in the morning. However, when she woke up, Heeseung was not beside her. That was weird. Where did he go?

"Come on, let's dig in." The King gave his permission and everyone picked up their chopsticks to have their food. Mirae was sitting next to Heeseung. However, they did not talk much at all. He seemed rather silent today. What's wrong? I should ask him about it after this.

Minjung looked quiet too today. Did something happen at the Night Festival? Was Minjung hurt? What's going on? Mirae got concerned about Heeseung and Minjung's well-being.

─────── after they ate...

"Thank you for the food." Heeseung thanked the waitress and the chef who stood next to him while he had his meal. Afterwards, usually after dining together with the King and the Queen, they would need to chat for a while about a certain topic. Perhaps it could be about the politics, new events to be held, complaints from residents or something else. What could they bring up today? Heeseung thought as he waited for his parents to speak up.

"Aigoo... I'm getting old soon." The Queen abruptly said, starting today's new conversation topic. The throne? Is father handing me over the throne? Are they going to send me again to some training? Is mother sick? Heeseung guessed all sorts of answers and the answer of 'his father going to hand over the throne to him' seemed right.

Alas! How wrong he was.

"And yet, I haven't managed to carry a grandchild." The Queen unexpectedly said while the King laughed along in agreement. "Heeseung; your mother is right. It's about the time when we ask you about this. As you know too, mother and father are getting old." The King added on.

Mirae and Heeseung got stunned to the ground. Their breathings came to a sudden halt and their minds went blank. Finally, after a while, Heeseung let out a small smile. He interlocked his fingers with Mirae under the table, giving it a tight squeeze which made Mirae snap back to reality too.

"Father-"

"Well... Minjung, are you able to fulfil that wish of mine?" The Queen asked Minjung who had been quietly sitting at the side. Minjung's eyes widened in shock upon processing the Queen's request. How could she...

"Mother!" Heeseung raised his voice at his mother. It was too outrageous. How could she ask for that when Mirae was Heeseung's soulmate?! How rude of her to even think of that.

"What is it?" His mother's voice started to get slightly irritated. It was seldom of Heeseung to talk back to her. Now that he was doing so, she was disappointed in him.

"What about Mirae? What do you even mean? Why are you bringing Minjung into this?" Heeseung hoped that his mother would take back her words, especially in front of him and Mirae.

"Mirae? Do you think she can do that for you? She is unable to conceive. We did a medical checkup on her and found out that she is suffering from infertility, did you know about that?" The Queen snapped at him and Heeseung stood rooted to the ground.

Everyone stopped.

The whole world stopped.

Everything stopped.

She is unable to conceive. She is suffering from infertility. The voice rang in Mirae's ears again for the second time. She just could not believe it. How was it possible? Wait- How did the Queen even know about it?

Memories of yesterday of what happened in the medical room slowly flooded into her mind and everything started to make sense. The reason why the Queen wanted her to have a body checkup was that the Queen yearned for a child. And, Mirae could not conceive.

The Queen doesn't want me at all.

Heeseung... Mirae looked at her soulmate with tears in her eyes. Her heart was sinking. The tears in her eyes were going to roll down. But, she was holding onto it.

Mirae hurriedly untangled her interlocked fingers with Heeseung and ran out of the dining room, hoping to find peace with herself and process everything. "Mirae!" Heeseung tried to catch her back but, he could not just leave the conversation like this.

He had to stand up for Mirae.

"DON'T EVER SAY THAT AGAIN! IF NOT..." Heeseung paused and looked at his parents again. This was his first time threatening his parents. He was hesitant but, he felt that they went too far this time. They deserved it.

"I will not let you off." Heeseung glared at them and left the room, hurrying to get back to Mirae.

─────── outside of the room...

"Mirae! Mirae!" Heeseung ran into the room, pushing the unlocked door open.

Mirae was sitting on the side of the bed, burying her face in her palms while she cried. Heeseung rushed towards her and immediately pulled her into his arms.

He knew how she truly felt. He could feel it. He had let her down so many times as her significant other and also as the only person she could depend on. His heart broke at the sight of her crying.

He held onto the tears in his eyes while he calmly moved his hand up and down on her back, comforting her. He knew that hearing about that condition of hers made her heartbroken.

Mirae just could not stop crying. She felt so hopeless and useless at the same time. She did not know what to do or how to respond to her condition of hers. "Heeseung, I'm so sorry." Mirae apologised while she continued crying in Heeseung's arms.

"Don't be. It's not your fault. No matter what, I will still love you the same way. Remember?" Heeseung reassured her while Mirae nodded her head weakly.

"Just ignore my parents. I will talk to them soon. They were too rude just now." Heeseung added on, still irritated by the fact that his parents hurt his soulmate's feelings.

"Don't cry anymore. I will always be here with you."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

——— ( ✍︎︎ ) notes 📝 ———

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE
(none of y'all guessed this)
( I'm just too smart and unpredictable. )

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Next Episode

Episode 59 - Why Are You So Familiar?