Episode 36: The Red Knot

▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄

( 💌 )

- || 290622 ~ Wednesday || - =====₊❏❜ 36 - The Red Knot ೄྀ࿐

=====
❏❜ 36 - The Red Knot ྀ࿐

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

MIRAE BLINKED OPENED HER EYES when it was the morning. Her head was spinning madly. Colours were flying from all sorts of places. Hence, she closed her eyes again until she felt that she was fine.

Opening her eyes again with a clearer vision, the first thing she fixed her eyes on was Heeseung. He was still asleep as he slowly let out inhales and exhales.

Mirae knew that she was in his arms since this was not the first time anymore.

Actually, no.

She was not in his arms.

He was in her arms.

What exactly happened? Mirae knew she was drunk last night but, did she say the wrong things? Why was she hugging onto Heeseung? Was she dreaming right now? Or was she crazy last night?

All in all, it was unexpected of her to be the one initiating the hug. But, there was something in her heart telling her not to let go. Was it something related to soulmates or what? Or was it because she knew that it would definitely wake Heeseung up or because...

She just wanted the both of them to stay like this for a while.

The memory of what she wrote to him on the paper lantern. Heeseung had already read it. But, it seemed like Mirae was not even taking any action on that. Would Heeseung think that it was a lie or would he wait for me?

She should at the very least...

Try.

──────── twenty minutes later...

Mirae felt his hand beside her move a little, signalling that Heeseung had woken up. She quickly opened her eyes and saw him harshly rubbing his eyes.

"What's wrong?" Mirae worried when Heeseung was rubbing his right eye even harder. "An eyelash got into my eye... It hurts..." Heeseung winced at the cold pain when he let go of his hand. His right eye was bloodshot red and had some tears around his waterline.

"Let me see." Mirae cupped onto his cheek and closely observed his eye. However, she was unable to find the eyelash in his eye anymore. She checked again and again, hoping to help him with at least something.