Episode 46: I'm Sorry

▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄

( 💌 )

- || 011022 ~ Saturday || - =====₊❏❜ 46 - I'm Sorry ࿐

=====
❏❜ 46 - I'm Sorry

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIRAE.' THOSE CHARACTERS appeared in front of Mirae. Those three words were where she never heard anyone tell her for the past twenty years of her life. Because no one dared to. Even her late father, aunt- Even, Hana.

Mirae's eyebrows went crossed when she saw those words as worry started to get the better of her. What was Heeseung going to do? Is he going to give me something? Please don't. Mirae gulped nervously as she let go of the lantern in shock with Heeseung.

"Mirae, happy birthday." Heeseung wished her with a smile. His hands went to hold onto hers, giving it a little light squeeze. It was sweet and all but, celebrating a birthday for Mirae-

Please don't.

"I have something to give you later. It's a secret! Anticipate for it!" He added on, which only made it sound worse for Mirae. He was giving something to her and it was a birthday gift. Mirae never-

She remained silent while she thought of what to say next. How should she let him know about it? Or was it better not to let him know about her fear? But, if she did not tell him- But, if she did tell him.

──── after reaching back to the land...

Mirae was silently stuck in her thoughts until she noticed that Heeseung rowed the boat back to the land. She turned her head where there were many fairy lights all around that were not here the previous time. A birthday banner...

"I'm so sorry. I need to leave." Mirae quickly said as she got off the boat and ran away.

"Mirae!" Heeseung tried to grab onto her wrist but, missed. He quickly placed the boat back to where it was and got off but, Mirae was already long gone.

"Why..." Heeseung sulked as he took out a red rectangular box from the inner pocket of his jacket.

"Greetings, Your Majesty!" A stranger recognised through Heeseung's mask. Fortunately, he was not that loud if not, everyone would question why was he here and who he was with. It would be difficult to answer because Mirae was not by his side now.

"Rise. But, do lower down your volume." Heeseung quickly whispered and the stranger rose from the bow.

"Oh, a gift?" The male saw the expensive red box in Heeseung's hand that he was sadly looking at just now. Since Heeseung could hide no more, he just nodded.