Episode 57: Am I Too Selfish?

▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄

( 💌 )

- || 181022 ~ Tuesday || - =====₊❏❜ 57 - Am I Too Selfish? ࿐

=====
❏❜ 57 - Am I Too Selfish?

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

HEESEUNG AND MINJUNG HAVE ALREADY gone out to the Night Festival. Now, Mirae was alone at the palace, in her room. She was lying on the bed, trying to force herself to sleep so that she could just forget about everything and let her mind rest for a few hours.

However, she just could not do so. How could she even be fine when her soulmate was out with someone else? No other person would be fine... Mirae looked up at the ceiling as she continued to ponder about it. Mirae deeply wished that Ms Han was here so, she could share her concerns with her mentor. But, Ms Han has already left the country for some family matters. Mirae only had herself to depend on.

"If that's the case... I should go check it out." Mirae got up from her bed and went to her wardrobe, ready to take out a new set of clothes before she was going to head out until she felt guilty all of a sudden.

"What if I'm just being insecure? Do my actions imply that I don't trust Heeseung at all? How would he feel if he saw me doing this..." Mirae clutched tightly onto her blue Hanfu. She reconsidered her decision. If Heeseung did the same to her, Mirae would feel hurt and would also wonder if Heeseung did not trust her. But, at the same time, Mirae just wanted to fulfil her curiosity.

"Am I too selfish?"

"Do I go or not-"

*Knock! Knock!*

"Mirae." A graceful voice called out which made Mirae turn around to see who it was. "Your Majesty." Mirae quickly put back her clothes into the wardrobe and bowed to the Queen.

"Please stand up. Mirae, are you free right now?" The Queen abruptly asked and Mirae turned to look at the Hanfu again. Should I do it? Is it worth it? Is it too risky? Mirae clenched her fist before she let go of her initial plan.

"Yes, Your Majesty. I'm currently free. Is there anything you would like me to do for you?" Mirae politely asked and the Queen let out a warm smile. Without saying anything else, the Queen signalled Mirae to follow her to the medical room.

─────── in the medical room...

"Being a girl, you have to do yearly medical checkups you know? Besides you are the princess of Korea, you can afford to do such checkups monthly." The Queen sat next to Mirae in the medical room while she explained what was going to happen.

"You have to take care of yourself." The Queen added on while she pats Mirae's head before she left. The Queen wanted Mirae to just have a full body medical examination. She stated that it was required for all noble subjects in the palace. And since Mirae had nothing else to do, she did not see any harm in doing this either.