Chapter 42: Taking It Easy

Jonny Ended up driving us home from the hospital, and he stuck around for a bit to make sure Chris was comfy and situated. After he left, Chris clearly looked like he wanted to get out of his bed.

"No." I Said, seeing the look in his eyes. "You're supposed to take it easy."

He sighed. "But it's so boring."

"It's for your own good." I shrugged. "Why don't you read a book or something?"

He looked as if he were thinking for a moment. "I have a better idea!" He said. "Can you bring me my guitar?"

"Sure." I Said.

I made my way over to the other side of the room, picking up his favourite guitar. I walked back over and handed it to him.

He took it, smiling at me before patting the spot on the bed beside him.

I climbed up, sitting next to him as he began to mess with his guitar.

"What're you gonna play?" I Asked.

He smiled at me. "What about something I'm working on?"

"Yeah!" I exclaimed, scooting closer.

He began to play a tune on the guitar, and I watched him intently. I loved seeing him with music, and how he got so into it.

"What in the world are we going to do?" he began to sing. "Look at what everybody's going through.."

Man, Only three seconds into this song and I already loved it.

"What kind of world do you want it to be? Am I the future or the history? Cause everyone hurts, everyone cries. Everyone tells each other all kinds of lies. Everyone falls, everybody dreams and doubts." He continued to sing, before looking at me and smiling a little. "Got to keep dancing when the lights go out.."

He stopped, and I began clapping. "I love it!" I exclaimed.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yeah! What's it called?" I Asked excitedly.

"Right now it's called Everyday Life." He said. "Do you think the boys will like it?"

"I think they'll love it!" I Said. "Are you going to play it on guitar?"

He set his guitar down on the floor. "Actually, I was thinking I'd play it on piano." He said. "What do you think?"

"I think that would be awesome." I nodded.

I was super excited about getting to witness an album being made. I mean, months ago, I was just a fan girl, and now I know that I'm Chris' daughter and I get to actually experience their album process, right from the beginning.

A sound came from Chris' phone, and he pulled it out of his pocket, looking at the screen.

"Oh, Phil's bringing us dinner." He said.

"That's kind of him." I Said. "But I could've made something."

"Sweetie, I don't want you to have to take care of me." He said. "I should be taking care of you."

"Yeah, but you're supposed to be resting." I Said. "I'm the only other person in the house, who else would take care of you? Besides, I enjoy it. Just hanging out with you is fun."

He smiled. "Well, hanging out with you is fun to me, too." He said.

He wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer. I laid my head down on his chest, taking a deep breath.

Whatever cologne he wore smelled really good. It began to be a smell that I associated with safety and comfort. Because Chris was both of those things to me. The best parent in the world.

He reached up, running his hand through my hair.

"Are you tired?" He asked softly.

"A little." I mumbled.

Today had really taken a lot out of me, with the walking and running, and being worried about Chris and all. I felt like I could fall asleep any second, really.

"Why don't you rest?" He whispered. "I'll be right here."

I swallowed, nodding a little as I buried my face into his chest.

He reached down and pulled up a blanket to cover the both of us, and before I knew it, I was fast asleep.