Chapter 22: Another's Arms

The next day, I had packed up all of my stuff. My mom was coming to pick me up, which meant I only had a small amount of time left with Chris.

That morning, we all tried to ignore the dark vibe In the bus.

We all knew it was ending. I would be leaving.

It wasn't fair. I had only been with Chris for two months!

I needed more time.

What would I do without him? How could I even live without him after knowing that he was the only person in the world that actually loved me?

It was now only a half an hour until I had to leave.

I began to say goodbye to all of the boys, realizing that if I wanted enough time to talk to each of them, I'd have to start now.

I walked up to Will. "Will..." I mumbled.

He hugged me.

"Uncle Will...you're so awesome...thank you for welcoming me into the band family.."

"Be safe." He said, his voice breaking. "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too."

He quit hugging me, and I went over to Jonny. I gave him a short hug, then looked down.

"Bye, Uncle Jonny.." I Said quietly. "Thank you for everything...I had so much fun here.."

He swallowed back tears. "Bye, Aaliyah.." he said. "I'll see you again."

I nodded.

Guy came over, hugging me. "Goodbye, Aaliyah.."

"Uncle Guy.." I Said, hugging him back. "Thank you for having fun with me...and throwing M&M's at Chris with me.."

He smiled weakly. "No problem.." he mumbled. "We love you."

"I love you guys, too."

Guy stopped hugging me, and the boys all looked at each other, then nodded. They all went outside, to give me and Chris privacy.

It was silent, as the two of us just stared at our feet.

This was it. This was goodbye.

Chris swallowed, stepping over to me and kneeling down.

"Aliyah," he said, his voice breaking. "You have given me so much to be happy for in these past two months. You're such an amazing daughter, and I love you so, so, much...please remember that."

I nodded, then hugged him, breaking into tears.

"I love you, daddy." I sobbed. "I love you so much.."

"I love you, Aaliyah.." he said, tears streaming down his face.

He kissed me on the cheek, then continued hugging me, rocking back and forth ever so slightly.

"Like a river to a raindrop, I lost a friend. My drunken as a Daniel in a lion's den. And tonight I know it all has to begin again, so whatever you do, don't let go." Chris began softly signing, his voice breaking with the tears as he did. "And if we could float away, fly up to the surface and just start again, and left off before trouble just erodes us in the rain, just erodes is in the rain, just erodes us, and see roses in the rain."

I joined him, singing quietly. "Saying, slow it down. Through chaos as it swirls, it's us against the world."

Suddenly, Guy came in, swallowing a bit. "Um...Evelyn's here.." he said.

Chris stood, and I swallowed back my tears.

I went over to grab my suitcase, looking up at Chris.

We both went outside, where my mom's car was parked.

"I-I guess I go now.." I mumbled.

Chris looked down, swallowing a bit. "Call me, Yeah?"

I nodded. "I will."

He knelt down, running his hand through my hair. "I'll never stop trying to get you back." He whispered. "I promise."

I nodded, taking a deep breath as tears filled my eyes.

He hugged me tightly, and I broke down again, sobbing.

He kissed me on the cheek, holding onto me for a minute.

My mom honked her car horn, and he stood, hugging me again.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you, dad.." I sobbed back.

I pulled away from him, running over to the car.

I couldn't linger any longer. I would only break down even more.

It just hurt me to know that this could be the last time I'd see him, at least for a really long time.

I opened up the back, throwing my suitcase in. I looked up, and the band and Chris were all watching me, sad expressions on their faces.

I stared into Chris's blue eyes once more, my own eyes filling with tears.

I turned, getting in the car.

My mom quickly started it up without saying a word, driving away.

As we drove off, I looked in the rear view mirror at Chris, who had fallen to his knees, crying. The boys all surrounded him, comforting him.

Tears began to stream down my face, and my mom looked over at me.

"I don't even get a hi?" She Asked. "Why are you crying?"

I swallowed. "Y-you just took me from the only person who loves me."