Chapter 5: Bonding

A couple hours later, we were both sitting cross legged on the floor, and we had been joking so much that we were both laughing so hard we were crying.

At this point, we were laughing at everything we said, even if it wasn't that funny.

"What if I was one of those fangirls..." I Said. "And had a crush on you?"

We both burst out laughing again. "That would be very weird.." he said. "But do you actually have any crushes?"

"Well.." I Said. "There was this one boy in my old school.."

He scooted closer. "What's his name?"

"Jacob.." I Said.

"What does he look like? Is he nice?" He asked. "Have you talked to him yet?"

I laughed. "Well, he's really cute. He's got his hair dyed black, a lip piercing, and brown eyes." I Said. "He's very nice."

He bit his lip.

"I know, he doesn't seem like the type that most dads would approve of." I chuckled.

"I was just gonna say.." he said, a smile creeping up on his face.

We started laughing again, and I suddenly felt a stabbing pain in my stomach. I winced and hunched myself over.

Chris's face fell. "Aaliyah, what's wrong?" He Asked.

"My stomach..." I Said. "I've had pain for a while...it happens randomly."

"Maybe we should schedule an appointment." He said. "That worries me."

"I'm alright, really.." I Said, forcing a smile through the pain.

"Have you ever been to the doctor?" He asked.

I hesitated, then shook my head.

"I'll schedule an appointment." He said. "But, it'll have to wait till tomorrow. It's late."

I yawned, and he smiled a little.

"I think someone's tired." He said. "Want me to carry you to bed?"

I laughed. "Why do you like to carry me so much?"

"Well, I didn't get to when you were little, so I have to make up for all of that time." He said, standing up.

He reached down and lifted me up bridal style, then carried me back to the main floor.

He took me up to my room, and laid me in bed.

"Hey, Chris?" I Asked.

"Yeah?"

"Can you... sing me a song maybe?" I Asked. "It's okay if you don't want to, I mean.."

"Of course." He said, smiling at me. "I'll grab my guitar while you change into pjs. A friend helped me pick out some clothes for you. They're in the closet."

He left the room, and I went over to the closet and opened it, seeing that A bunch of clothes were all folded and hung up neatly.

I smiled. This was the most clothes I had ever seen.

I ended up picking out a rainbow pair of shorts and a blue shirt, then went into the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and changed into them.

When I went back into my room, Chris was sitting on the edge of my bed, tuning his guitar.

I went over and laid in bed, and he tucked me in.

"What would you like me to sing?"

"What about Yellow?" I Asked.

He smiled, then started playing his guitar.

"Look at the stars, look how they shine for you, and everything you do. Yeah they were all yellow.."

A few minutes later, he finished playing the last chord, and I yawned.

"I hope you sleep well tonight." He said.

"Goodnight, Dad.." I Said.

"Goodnight, Aaliyah."

He kissed me on the head, getting off of the bed.

He made his way over to the door, then switched off the light and left the room, closing the door behind him.

After a few minutes, I fell asleep, and for once, didn't have nightmares.