Chapter 6: First Morning

The next morning, I awoke to see sunlight pouring through my window, and sat up, trying to remember what happened yesterday.

I looked around, seeing saw the rainbow CD player.

I smiled a bit, everything suddenly coming back to me. Until that moment I really hadn't let it sink in.

I'm Chris Martin's daughter.

I smiled to myself at the thought, then looked over at the door, I wasn't sure if he was awake yet, since I didn't hear anything downstairs.

I got out of bed and went over to the windows, opening up all of the curtains to let some light in.

I picked up my CD player and my Mylo Xyloto and A Rush Of Blood To The Head CDs, and took them out of the room.

I looked over into Chris's room, where he had the door open. He was still in bed, his blankets had all fallen on the floor, and his leg was hanging off of the bed. From the hallway I could hear him snoring quietly, and smiled a bit.

I wouldn't wake him since he was sleeping so hard.

I went downstairs, and looked over at the sink, which was full of dishes.

I set my CD player on the counter and plugged it in.

I put in Mylo Xyloto, and as it started to play, I went over and opened up the dishwasher, then went over to the sink, rolling my sleeves up.

I started rinsing the dishes and loading them in the dishwasher, singing every lyric in the CD.

Once it got to Paradise, I smiled and reached over to turn it up.

"This could be para, para, paradise!" I sang along. "Para, para, paradise!"

Soon, the album was over, and I had finished loading the dishwasher.

After I started it, I made a quick breakfast with the things I found in Chris's pantry.

It was just some eggs, bacon, and muffins, which was easy to make since I was used to cooking large meals.

I set all of the food out on the table, before hearing a noise behind me.

I turned around, seeing a sleepy Chris coming into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes.

"Morning, Chris!" I Said cheerily.

"Morning," He said, yawning. He looked over at the table and did a double take. "You made breakfast?"

"I hope that's okay.." I Said.

"Of course it is, but you really didn't have to.."

"It was fun." I Said, smiling at him reassuringly.

He turned and looked at the sink. "And you did the dishes.." he said, then looked back at me. "You definitely didn't have to do that."

I laughed. "It's alright, Chris." I Said. "It's the least I could do since you're taking me in on such short notice."

"Well, you are my daughter." He Said. "Its my job."

He came over and kissed me on the head, then hugged me. "And Those muffins look really good.." he said.

"Here, sit." I Said, going over and pulling up a chair for him.

He smiled and sat, and I went and sat across from him.