Chapter 10: Where's Rihanna?

After dinner, the band crowded in the studio, along with me. I sat on a chair in the corner as they began to practice some of the songs from their last two albums, as well as their newest, A Head Full Of Dreams.

I didn't know when they were touring it, but it had to be soon, since they were practicing and all.

Chris began singing Us Against The World from Mylo Xyloto, and I turned my attention to him.

"Oh, Morning come bursting the clouds, amen. Lift off this blindfold, let me see again. Bring back the water, let your ships roll in. In my heart she left a hole.." Chris sang, and I just gazed at him.

I had never heard this song before, even though I owned the album. I just hadn't gotten to it since I've been here with Chris. His voice was so calming, I immediately felt any anxiety I had go away.

"The tightrope That I'm walking just sways and ties, the devil as he's talking with those angel's eyes. And I just wanna be there when the lightning strikes, and the saints go marching in." He continued, as the band and I just watched him play his guitar and sing. "Saying, slow it down."

He looked up at me, smiling a bit. "Though chaos as it swirls, it's us against the world."

"Like a river to a raindrop, I lost a friend. My drunken as a Daniel in a lion's den.." Will joined Chris, singing backing vocals. "And tonight I know it all has to begin again, so whatever you do, don't let go. And if we could float away, fly up to the surface and just start again, and left off before trouble just erodes us in the rain, just erodes is in the rain, just erodes us, and see roses in the rain."

"Saying, slow it down. Slow it down. Through chaos as it swirls, it's us against the world. Through chaos as it swirls, it's us against the world."

Without even thinking, I stood up and started clapping.

Chris smiled, looking down a bit.

"Dad! That was so good!" I Exclaimed, then looked down, realizing that I Said 'Dad.'

"Thank you, Aaliyah." He said, then looked up at his band mates. "Is that okay for the tour? Just me and Will?"

Jonny and Guy nodded, as I sat back down.

I still felt weird about calling Chris dad. I didn't want to be disrespectful and keep calling him Chris, but I didn't know if he was comfortable with it yet. I should've asked him or something.

Also, the fact that the last person I called dad was murdered by my mom really scared me. What if something happened to Chris? If I called him dad and fully accepted the fact that he was my dad, and something happened, it would hurt me so much.

But the thing was, if anything happened to Chris, even though I just met him not that long ago, it would still hurt me a lot.

He was my real dad, after all.

Everything that had happened in the past couple of years still had me anxious, though, and I still had it in the back of my mind that he might abandon me.

Would he?

What about during tour? What would he do about me?

Apparently, Jonny was thinking the same thing.

"So, where will Aaliyah be during the tour?" He asked, making me lift my head to look at them.

Chris nodded, not noticing that I was looking. "I'm going to talk to her tomorrow about it, after her appointment."

I looked back down so he wouldn't know that I had actually heard him.

Talk to me tomorrow? Why couldn't he tell me here, In front of the guys? Was he going to make me stay here on my own? Was he going to leave me?

"Okay, So next, Do you want to do Princess Of China?" Chris Asked the band.

"Won't it be hard without Rihanna?" Guy Asked. "I mean, of course she'll do it at one of the concerts, but what about the others?"

Chris nodded. "You're right."

"Did you talk to her about doing more shows?" Will Asked.

"She Said She's going on tour soon, so she doesn't really want to tour with us before that," Chris Said. "Which is understandable."

"What will we do, then?" Jonny Asked.

Chris looked over at me, and I looked up at him. "Me?" I Asked.

"Could you practice it with us, maybe?" He asked, smiling a little.

"I-I can't sing." I Mumbled.

He gave me a look that said he didn't believe me.

I bit my lip. "Um...maybe.."

"Only if you're comfortable, of course." He said.

I looked around, first at the boys, then at Chris.

I was comfortable with them. I was comfortable here.

I took a deep breath, then nodded. "I'll do it."