Chapter 3: Going Home

Aaliyah's POV

"Did you pack all of your stuff?" Aunt Millie Asked me the day I was to leave.

"Yep." I Said.

"Is your hair brushed?"

"Yep."

"We're gonna miss you!" Alexander Said.

"I'll miss you guys, too." I Said. "But I promise I'll call. Maybe you can even visit."

"Will he be here soon?" Alexandria Asked.

"He should be." Aunt Millie Said. "A friend of his called to tell me that he left."

She opened up one of the cupboards and brought out a small box.

"Aaliyah, I'm sorry I've been so harsh to you." She Said. "I got you a little something a while ago, so I could give it to you when you left."

She handed me the box, and I held it in my hands, unsure of what to do.

"Open it!" Alexandria Exclaimed.

I smiled, before lifting the lid off of the box. I moved the tissue paper to the side of the box, and gasped. "This is for me? A-are you sure?" I Asked.

"Yes, it's for you." She chuckled. "Who else likes Coldplay around here?"

I set the box down on the table and pulled out the CD that she had just given to me.

It was Mylo Xyloto.

"This is amazing! Thank you so much!" I Said, hugging her.

"I'll miss you, kid." She Said. "Are you excited to go live with your favourite musician?"

"So excited." I Said, pulling away from her and smiling.

The doorbell rang, and we all looked over at the door.

"Well, you better go." She Said.

Alexander and Alexandria ran over and gave me a hug.

"Love you, Aaliyah." They Said.

"Love you guys." I Said, going over and picking up my backpack. "Bye!"

"Bye!" Everyone Said.

I opened the door, turned back and waved, before stepping out.

"Hello," The guy at the door said. "I'm Mr. Martin's driver. You can go and sit right next to him."

"Alright." I nodded. "Thank you."

I went down the front steps, the driver following behind me. My heart began to pound in my chest as I approached the car. The driver opened the door to the back of the car, and I looked inside.

There Chris sat, gazing out the window as he hummed a bit.

"You can sit." The driver encouraged me.

"Oh, yeah." I Said, swallowing nervously.

I hesitated, before sitting down next to Chris, and holding my backpack in my lap. The driver shut the door, before getting in the driver's seat and starting up the car.

As we drove away, Chris looked over at me and smiled.

"Hi!" He said.

"Hi.." I Said.

"It's so nice to meet you." He said, before leaning in. "Look at that, you have blue eyes."

"Oh...yeah." I Said, backing up a bit.

"So, how old are you?"

"12." I Said.

"Are you hungry? I brought snacks." He said, pulling out a bag from under his feet.

"Um...I'm alright." I Said. "I just ate."

"Okay!" He said, putting the bag back. "So, tell me everything about you. I've missed a whole 12 years of your life, so.." He bit his lip. "Sorry, I'm just a bit excited.."

"That's alright." I Said. "I um...don't really have much to tell...apart from living in motels my whole life, my mom killing her boyfriend right in front of me, and then having to live with my aunt who didn't really care much for me."

"Oh..." he said, his face falling. "I'm sorry.."

"It's alright. That's over now."

"Um.." he said, holding his arms open. "Hug?"

I smiled, leaned in, and he hugged me tightly.

"I'm...so sorry I wasn't there for you.." he said. "I promise, you'll have a better life from now on."

I pulled away and smiled at him. "So, What do you want me to call you?" I Asked.

"Well, Whatever you'd like." He said. "Chris, Dad. I mean, if you're ready for dad. Whatever you're comfortable with."

"Okay." I Said. I turned and looked out the window.

"Hey, would you like to go shopping later?" He Asked. "I heard that you don't have much."

"Really? That would be great." I Said. "I only have a few outfits and a couple of CDs."

"We can't have that, now, can we?" He said. "I'm going to spoil you."

I laughed a little. "I'm looking forward to it."