Dice and Deception

After extensive searching, Capella's head was not found in Crush's mansion, so there was no actual reason to stay any longer. As a result, your group left the night of Pandora's rewriting of reality.

Omega, as promised, traveled with you since there was no need to hide anymore. Presently, Elsa and Meili are giving her looks since she sat next to you in the dragon carriage, but neither she nor you cared.

You, Omega, Garfiel, Elsa, and Meili were sitting close to each other while Subaru and Beatrice sat in the front. The carriage, not having suffered damage from the now nonexistent battle, made no groans as Patrasche pulled it onto the Liafus Highway, back towards Miload Manor.

Garfiel stretched out and bumped Omega's knee, which was located across from him.

"M'bad," the demi human grumbled. 

Omega was about to answer when you saw a grin appear across her face.  Apparently changing her answer, she replied, "Do not worry, for it is I who is rude. I never properly introduced myself, did I?"

Garfiel looked towards you with a confused expression. He then looked at Elsa, who ignored him, then Meili, who shrugged.

"Didn't'cha say yer' name w's Omega? Is ya memory 'kay? Or 're ya like a barpone on frilt?" Garfiel questioned.

Omega's grin grew wider before containing itself and disappearing. "Ah, did I already give my name? I do not consider that a proper introduction. For you see, my true name is Echidna."

As soon as those words left Omega's mouth, Beatrice screeched from the front. "Gwalamashrwat?!!" 

Simultaneously, Garfiel deadpanned. "But she done hit th' dirt a while 'go. An' you ain't lookin' like 'chidna. I bet ya ain't 'chidna. So how do ya know 'er an' why're ya lyin?"

Beatrice stuck her head into the passenger area and glared at Omega. "Why are you claiming to be Echidna, in fact. What do you want, I suppose."

Omega leaned back and relaxed in her seat as she began her explanation. "This reveal was most definitely premature, but I suddenly felt the need to reveal my true identity. You see, it is better to get it out of the way now rather than planning out an optimal situation in which I can confess the same thing." 

Omega disengaged her illusion, and her Ryuzu clone form led to disbelief in Garfiel and Beatrice and gained the interest of Elsa and Meili, who have never heard of Echidna but have seen the clones.

"Wha..." Garfiel mumbled.

"Oh." Omega added. "Since a certain Knight is no longer present, I can also present another facet of proof. Please excuse me, for most of you will feel nauseous in a moment."

You looked at her with disbelief, but Echidna telepathically chimed, 'You did tell me to reduce my scheming, so this is the result. Now I am enjoying myself and the reactions of those who know less than I do.'

'But... did you have to do it out of nowhere? I mean, this is going to get really awkward now.'

'Perhaps, but I believe that it was effective as an event to associate surprise with my character. I like to believe that my confession just now was similar to the one in Attack on Titan.'

'Well, it was very unexpected. I'll give you that.'

And it was the unexpectedness that brought conflicted feelings to an unprepared Beatrice. Was this actually her Mother? Why did she look like Ryuzu? What was she doing here? 

All of these questions swirled around Beatrice's mind and similar ones plagued Garfiel's mind.

The demi human had met Echidna through the Trials and learned about her from the different Ryuzu clones he lived with in the Sanctuary, so hearing somebody who looked just like the people who raised him claim that she was Echidna was confusing.