To Kill A Whale

You, Subaru, and Rem stood across from Crusch, who was sitting at her desk. 

Subaru cleared his throat, and declared, "I would like to propose an alliance between the Emilia, Crusch, and Hoshin camps on equal terms. To that end, I will provide the time and location of the White Whale's next appearance."

After hurried planning and action, the three of you had brought Russel Fellow along with Anastasia, who had already planned on coming to this meeting. Of course, you followed just about everything that happened in the anime, so negotiations should go well.

Wilhelm emitted a wrathful aura before calming down after hearing the whale's name. Not only was he surprised, but everyone else in the Crusch camp also looked befuddled. 

"Subaru," started Crusch, "I am glad that you have recovered from your condition yesterday, but are you fine in the head? You have brought this many people to propose such an important deal, and you claim that you bear knowledge of something that nobody in this kingdom has been able to figure out?" She thought of something, and added, "But first, will you please explain why you brought up the White Whale?" She looked at him, waiting for an answer. 

You wanted to explain, but you let Subaru talk since he was the one who was supposed to have figured this out. "Well, I'll just have to explain what happened from the start. I knew that the Witch Cult will be attacking Roswaal's domain in two days, so I knew that I needed to form an alliance in order to defeat it. I have this metia, which tells me when and where the White Whale will appear next, and believe that this will help in your plan to kill the whale." He took his flip phone out of his pocket, and showed it to Crusch. Thankfully, he saw the time when he first encountered the whale, so he knew when it was going to appear.

While she and Felix were examining it, Crusch asked, "If I may ask, why do you assume that I plan to subjugate the White Whale? This is not an assumption that can be made lightly." 

"Well, I actually noticed that there was unusual traffic coming in and out of this place, and a lot of the carriages in the capital are sold out. Then, I actually met Anastasia and we discussed things, and I learned that you were collecting carriages and weapons. I figured that you were planning something big, and when I heard that there was a fog covering the highway, it was easy to connect the dots." Subaru technically wasn't lying, so Crusch couldn't say anything about this.

Everyone turned their head to Anastasia, who nodded her head. "Yep. We had a little chat, and he actually asked me to come here a couple of days ago."

Before this negotiation,  you had asked Anastasia to just accept the parts of Subaru's story that concerned her. You told her that Subaru had actually learned about Crusch's plan through a different method, but he didn't want Crusch knowing about it. Being a merchant, Anastasia understood and agreed.

After Anastasia spoke, Russel Fellow decided to talk. "And I am here because the blue haired maid contacted me, and Subaru-dono also proposed to share the mining rights to the magic stones in Elior Forest, a part of the Emilia camp's territory."

To be honest, you liked your idea about proposing to share the future inventions, but Subaru said that Crusch rejected that idea before, so you stayed on the safe route and followed the original plot.

Crusch sat back in her chair. "So, if I have this straight, you propose to share the mining rights to these magic stones and provide the location and time of the White Whale's next attack in order to form an alliance between the Crusch, Anastasia, and Emilia camps?"

Subaru nodded his head. "That's right."

Crusch sighed. "I find this difficult to believe, but I can tell that you are not lying."