Confessions

Subaru woke up and started screaming. It wasn't words that came from his mouth, just pure agony that escaped his lips.

Rem, accompanied by Felix, quickly came to his room, worried for Subaru's health.

"Subaru, what is it? What is troubling you?" Rem asked. She had no idea what had Subaru screaming like he was, but it scared her. The person that she was seeing was not even reminiscent of the person who had been with her yesterday.

Subaru's screaming stopped when Rem talked, but he still didn't respond. 

Felix took this opportunity to check for any curses, magic-related effects, and physical damage, but he found nothing. "It doesn't look nyike there's anything wrong with him," he told Rem.

Rem sat by Subaru, who was still laying down. She laid her land on his head, and stroked his hair. "Subaru-kun, what's wrong? Why won't you talk?" She looked sad, and she had every reason to be worried.

The only response she got was a groan from Subaru, whose eyes didn't even seem to be connected to his brain. No matter how they looked at it, Subaru's mind was broken. 

"Can you fix him, Felix? I have no idea as to what caused this, so do you have any ideas?" Rem looked at Felix, hoping that the healer would know what to do.

Felix scratched his ears. "Nyai don't know what caused this, but I do know that maybe having somebody important to Subaru-kyun talk to him might snap him out of it. That's all the advice nyai can give you."

Rem pondered for a moment, and then had an idea. "There are two people who might be able to do this. Would Crusch-sama be willing to transport Subaru-kun and myself to the Hoshin residence, then the Mather's domain if necessary?"

Time Skip

Crusch approved Rem's request, and lent her a dragon carriage. "Here is a map of the route you will take to get to the Hoshin residence. Once again, I am sorry that I cannot provide a driver, as I need as many of my camp members here, with me." Crush handed Rem a map, and apologized for the inconvenience. 

Rem shook her head. "There is no need to apologize. You have been kind enough to allow us to borrow a carriage, so I do not mind at all."

Crusch then extended her hand as a farewell. "Good luck. I hope that you can help Natsuki-san."

Rem shook her hand, and replied, "Thank you."

Once they parted hands, Rem took the reins and made sure that Subaru was secure next to her. He didn't seem to be able to move on his own, so she had to make sure that he wouldn't fall during the ride.

She pulled the reins, and the ground dragon began pulling the cart.

At one point, the road became very bumpy, and Subaru fell into her lap. Rem blushed, but kept on guiding the dragon to their destination, which wasn't too far away. To be honest, she cherished having Subaru lay on her, but she was too afraid to say it out loud. When the right moment came, she was going to confess to him. One day....

She caught herself drifting into her thoughts, and continued driving the carriage. 

As she drove, she wondered what was going to happen to Subaru. Would (Y/N) be able to help him? If not, would Emilia? To be honest, part of her was hurt by the fact that he didn't respond much to her, but as long as Subaru was able to get better, she didn't mind who helped him.

When she arrived at the mansion, she was immediately confronted by Julius, who had seen her coming while training (Y/N). "What is wrong with Subaru? I can see that he doesn't seem to be in the right mind." Julius looked worried, and you came from behind him.