Chapter 44: The astronomy tower: Part two

Since Dumbledore knew that Severus already involved me in their plans, Dumbledore thought it wise to inform me about those plans himself. Now, I was getting the information first-handed. Not that Severus was not reliable about the information he received from Dumbledore, but it was always nicer to receive it from the person who actually had to tell it. Severus told me that Malfoy had gotten the Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of the Requirement fixed and that it was working now.

"And where is its sister located?", I asked Severus, furrowing my brows in confusion. He sighed but answered, nonetheless. "It's at Borgin and Burkes. He wants to go through with this on the 30th of July". I put the pieces together slowly and realized what Malfoy's plan was. "Well, that's convenient, isn't it", I said, and Severus nodded slowly. Malfoy could easily bring a few Death Eaters undetected onto school grounds... and then it would be much easier to actually kill Dumbledore. I looked at Severus and instantly realized his fear. "I know what you are thinking", I said to him, and he looked at me quite puzzled. "He's not going to", I said. "You don't know that", Severus said quite stern. I gave him a sympathetic look and moved closer to him on the couch we were sitting on. I gently stroke his cheek and he leaned into my touch and closed his eyes for a second. "You need to hate me after it happened", he suddenly bursted out. "What do you mean?", I asked. I had a hunch of where he was trying to go with this. "After I... after the mission is complete, you need to hate me. You need to show the others that you're on their side, not on mine. You need to convince the Order and especially Minerva", he said to me. "No. I am not doing this again. I am not leaving you", I said firmly.

"If they find out that you're in love with me, they won't trust you anymore. With you, still in the Order, we might be able to save a few more lives", Severus tried to explain. I didn't want to go through with this, but unfortunately, he was right. I slowly nodded. "I don't want to go through this either, but it is something we have to do, my love".

"I know", I whispered. "Only under one condition". Now it was his turn to look puzzled. "And what would that be?", he asked interested. "When I ignore you, it means that I still love you. When I talk "bad" about you, it means that you are the most important person in my life. When I say that I hate you, it actually means that you're the most handsome and bravest man I've ever known", I confessed. He looked at me lovingly and slowly pressed his lips against my own and he kissed me slowly, but full of passion.

"Have you ever considered that you ask too much, that you take too much for granted? Has it ever crossed your brilliant mind, that I don't want to do this anymore", Severus said cold to Dumbledore. They both were on the astronomy tower. Dumbledore was about to leave with Harry Potter to find a Horcrux. Severus knew this, as this was Dumbledore's last chance to find one, before he, Severus, would have to kill him tonight. "Whether it has or hasn't is irrelevant. I will not negotiate with you Severus. You agreed... nothing more to discuss", was the only thing Albus said to Severus. With a swift motion, his cloak was billowing behind him, and Severus felt like he couldn't breathe. He needed to get out of there. On his way out, he saw Harry Potter, but he was not able to pay attention to him more than a second. Severus was making his way fast through the castle, faster than usual.

He slammed his chambers door shut, sort of in an aggressive way, which made Kimberly look up from her book. She stood up; worry flashed across her face. Severus seemed angry, disappointed, sad. There were so many emotions waving off his body that she didn't know which emotion to address first. Severus walked straight to her, extremely needy. Without saying a word, the second he reached her, he pulled her close to him and crashed his lips on hers. He kissed her and picked her up, her legs were automatically around his waist, and he walked until her back hit the cold black wall. He kissed and sucked in all the right places. He just wasn't able to control his emotions anymore. He needed to get rid of all of them, at least for a while and he only knew one way to do that. "Severus", you moaned as he sucked on your neck. His hands were trying to get under your skirt, ripping your panties apart. You heard him unbuckle his belt and his black pants dropped to the floor. You were in the middle of an aggressive kiss, when his hips slammed into you, his cock buried deep inside of you, without a warning. You gasped in pain and Severus was too lost in thrusting into you to notice. He began thrusting merciless into you, his mouth assaulted yours. His thick cock stretched your walls beyond its limits. Soon the pain disappeared, and the pleasure overtook you. "Severus", you moaned again. His cock hitting the spots deep inside of you, his mouth assaulting everything he got access to. "Severus, I'm gonna... Fuck", you moaned as you came around his cock. With two more thrust did you feel him twitch inside you as he came as well.

As you both came down from your high, there was an awkward silence around. He pulled himself out, but his hands were securely on your waist. "I love you", Severus admitted. You noticed how he said that more often in the past months. You knew deep down he was afraid to loose you somehow, and you appreciated it that he was able to say it whenever he wanted to. With one hand you pulled up his chin, making him look at you. "I love you", you said back and there was small, but genuine smile on Severus's face.

The evening of today drew nearer and Severus and I dreaded it a lot. We were about to leave when I took his hand and stopped in the middle of the room. I grabbed his other and put both on my waist. My hands were on his cheeks. I wanted to make sure that he keeps looking at me and is actually understanding what I am saying. He waited patiently for me to say something. "I want you to know, that after whatever happens tonight, I love you and no force in the entire universe could take that away. I am always on your side even though if I must pretend not to. You are so brave sweetheart and I can't even put it into words how much you mean to me. You don't have to say anything back because I know your mind is occupied with other things now. Just know that I will never stop believing in you".

He drew me closer to him and for a moment we just stood there, hugging each other, and taking in the last moment of peace if you can even call it that. He slowly whispered a 'thank you' in my ear and with that we closed the door behind us.

The halls were deserted and empty. No one seemed to be wandering around, not even a single teacher was in sight, which was probably better for them. If they were to be seen by Bellatrix, they'd probably end up dead. Kimberly hoped to the gods that he won't go through with it, but at the same time she didn't want Severus having to kill someone either. The longer she thought about she realized that they'd already arrived at the astronomy tower. Kimberly spotted Harry and hid behind a tall frame so that he wouldn't see her. They walked up the stairs and all of them heard quiet talking. When we all arrived upstairs, Kimberly saw that Malfoy had his wand out and he had disarmed Dumbledore. Kimberly knew Severus was downstairs waiting for the right moment and preventing Potter from attacking Malfoy. "Do it", whispered Bellatrix. "Nooow", she almost yelled. "Doesn't have the guts to it, just like his father", Greyback said. I almost had to snort. The irony with this sentence was just too funny but I was able to keep my serious face. Malfoy was struggling. A few tears fell from his face. I stopped breathing. This was it. Time seemed to pass in slow motion. When was Severus gonna show up, I asked myself. "Don't", I heard a low growl and I allowed myself to breathe again yet felt even more anxious. Now or never. Dumbledore didn't look shocked in the slightest. "Severus, please", he said in a quiet voice. To the others it sounded as begging, but to me he tried to plead with Severus. He wanted him to kill him. He would have died anyway but no one, except Severus and I knew that. I was standing behind Severus now and I, very slowly, put my hand on his shoulder gently. I believed that he didn't even notice it, too occupied with trying to get the words over his lips.

"Avada Kedavra", and a green light erupted from his wand and hit Dumbledore square in the chest. I focused on that energy, the bad and negative energy. I focused on the fact that I didn't want to him to go through that pain of having his soul split and I slowly felt that negative almost killing energy flow over into my body. I let go of his shoulders and closed my eyes. I did it.

Bellatrix's happy screams brought me back to reality and I ushered Malfoy to walk. We practically ran through the corridors outside. Everything seemed to pass in a blur. I only noticed the dark mark when we were outside. I didn't even notice it was conjured up in the sky. It was my job to make sure Malfoy was safe, so we walked ahead of the others. I only heard Potter scream for Snape, but I couldn't focus on that right now. It was done and no power could ever reverse what just happened.

Dumbledore was dead and now it was only a matter of time until the war would begin...