Chapter 20: Who is Kimberly Knight?

When Severus turned around, early in the morning, he saw the most beautiful sight. A sight, he missed all summer. There she was, laying in his bed, sleeping peacefully. Severus watched Kimberly as her chest fell and rose. He took in every little feature of her face, never wanting to forget it. He could watch her for hours and never get bored. He still couldn't believe that she chose to be his girlfriend because Severus believed that she could have anyone she ever wanted, so why choose him? He had no clue as to why, but as long as she wanted him, he couldn't care less. She is the one that makes him want to live. She is the one that makes him want to survive in all this.

"I know you've been staring at me", I mumbled, eyes still closed. "Maybe", he admitted with a low voice, and I could hear him smile. He pulled me close, and my head was laying on his chest. "Can't we just stay in here all day and never leave", I asked tired and yawned. "God knows how much I want to, but you know we can't", he confessed sadly. "Just a few more minutes", she looked up at him with puppy eyes. "Please?", she begged. "How could I say no to that", he said, and they cuddled for an hour, longer than he intended but he just couldn't say no to her.

When they finally got up, Kimberly made them breakfast and after that they sat back down at the couch. Their conversation was not over. "Did he hurt you?", and I pointed at his right hand. He slowly nodded. "Are there any more scars I should know about?", and he shook his head. I gently stroke his cheek. "Come on, you can share your feelings with me, you know". He took a deep breath. "It was terrifying. Everybody was terrified, except for Bellatrix of course. Psycho. He believed me and was grateful for keeping my role for him, but apparently, I didn't answer fast enough, so he punished me for it. Bellatrix was of course, extremely pleased about that. She doesn't trust me and honestly, I can't blame her for it. I wanted to think about you every single day, but I just couldn't. I was afraid that he'd penetrate my mind, with me not noticing and everything would have been in vain. All I wanted is to get out of there, grab you and disappear. Somewhere where no one would find us", he admitted. I was touched by his words and glad that he opened up to me, despite everything that happened to him. "But he knows something, about you I mean. He didn't ask any questions about you. It seemed like he knew everything already, which is odd", he explained.

I furrowed my brows in confusion and remembered something that happened at the beginning of the school year. "Do you remember when Bellatrix attacked me?". "Yes, what about it", he answered. "You do remember what I told you, don't you?", and his eyes widened in shock. "He knew about you already. Maybe not with your powers, but he was already interested in you. The question is why".

"I think there is only one person, who could tell us something about me", I whispered with fear. "No, we can find another way", he tried to argue with me, but I already made up my mind. "He might be the only one that knows who I really am. If he knows, I have to find out, even though I never wanted to see him again. He might be my only chance. If Voldemort knows something about me that I don't, he could use it against me, and worse against you", I argued.

Severus knew she was right, and he also knew that there was no point in arguing, but he just didn't want to let her go. Her father did so many horrible things to her. He is the reason as to why she changed her last name. She didn't want to be reminded of him every time someone addresses her with her first and last name, as for example the students do. He bullied her, punished her, punched her, hurt her in a physical and emotional way. Severus had no idea how she survived all that because it was almost impossible for him to survive, and he endured the same fate with his own father. He knew arguing was a lost cause, so he did the only thing he could. "I will not let you go alone", he said in a sharp tone. "I never thought you would" and gave him half a smile. "We should tell Dumbledore", Severus confessed. "No. Don't you get it. The more he knows, the better he can control the outcome", I argued. "Unfortunately, this is bigger than the both of us. I'm afraid we don't have a choice", he admitted.