[Ninja 1] Jay, Master of Lightning

Content warnings:
- injury descriptions (mature)
- incorrect medical treatments
- character and animal death
- occasional strong language

Extra notes:
- i don't own ninjago lol
- this story is more romance-heavy than my other book lol

~

"Why did I ever bother coming here?!"

"Are... Are you okay?"

"No, I'm not okay! I come here, do all this training, beat all the other students again and again, over and over, and—...! And I'm not the Green Ninja?!"

"You don't have to be the Green Ninja—"

"Don't try and tell me that I 'don't have to be the Green Ninja to be the best!' You don't understand! You won't ever understand!"

"Morro, please—"

"I'm sick and tired of fate and destiny controlling my life! I'm not going to sit around and wait for some faker to come in and 'become' the Green Ninja!"

"You're not leaving, are you?"

"Yes, I am. And I'm not coming back until I'm the Green Ninja!"

~ ~ ~

You slowly wrapped a length of white bandages around your arm. You'd been a bit distracted, today, and ended up getting an axe to the forearm. It wasn't a deep cut at all. It was only a scratch.

Still, you were disappointed in yourself.

In four days, it'll be the seventh year since Morro's disappearance. You're nineteen, Morro would've recently hit nineteen if he was still here.

It was always odd, saying you were the same age as Morro. You called yourself a human, though in the Realm of Ninjago, you were a Maegearican—a being from Maegearica. Your skin was fragile, and you leaked blood when you sustained any cuts. Your hair was made of a thousand strands of thread, and you stood much taller than Ninjagoans. Even now, at just nineteen, you practically towered over your adoptive father.

Speaking of your father, he's gone missing this morning. You'd been spending the day training like you always did as you waited for Wu to come back. 

Maybe something important came up.

You set the makeshift medical kit aside before searching for a small towel. You opened the nearby cabinet and grabbed a towel before lightly rinsing it with water. You then began finding your way out of the bathroom. You ducked through the doorway before heading towards the exit.

Once outside, you stood up tall and stretched your arms up high. You could stand upright inside the monastery, though you couldn't stretch your body as much as you could. Your head would barely scrape against the ceiling. You constantly had to duck through doorways and avoid the hanging lights. 

The training course was completely silent. The course consisted of four carousel-like machines at each end of the courtyard, along with one tall mast at the centre bearing tightly-strung banners and swinging punching bags by its side. The five pieces would spin at a continuous rate, though you've shut it off when you ran inside to conserve energy.

Of course, Wu always tells you to not worry of wasting energy, but you couldn't help it.

You went to one of the carousels. This one had sharp axes that would swing downwards and return back up at a steady and slow rate. There were also long wooden bars at the bottom meant to cause trainers to trip. You were supposed to time your movements and avoid the axes, though your distracted mind made you take one step too far. A bit of blood stained the axe that scraped your arm.