Capitolo diciotto (Chapter eighteen)

"Father, grandfather already chose Mario when he was younger. It won't be great if you disregard his wishes."
"Paolo!" Emiliano called harshly already vexed by Paolo's rubbles.
"This is the only chance you have.. do you want to become the Patriarch of this family?" The air became tense as Paolo's gaze became steady and complex. Emiliano's lips tugged upwards slightly as he proceeded to say... "I knew you won't reject this offer. Anyway, your aura is fit to rule this state and everyone will be underneath you; all at your service."

"No..." Paolo said, interrupting Emiliano' speech.
"Excuse me..?"  His brow furrowed as his gaze fixed back on Paolo who seemed indifferent as usual.
"No, I don't wish to become the Patriarch of this family..."
"You..! Paolo!"
"If I ever wish to rule a state, I would do just that, but to become the patriarch of the Griffin's family... Never!" Paolo spat out coldly making Emiliano's brow to furrow even more.
"Paolo! Who exactly are you?!" Gritting his teeth in anger, he gazed coldly at Paolo. Paolo on the other hand remained reserved and composed in spite all odds. His gaze trailed over Emiliano and with a cool soft smile, he said.. "Who am I?" He paused as he chuckled lightly. "I am Paolo Griffin, the not special, special twin who everyone thinks is pathetic..." A taunting smile appeared on his lips as he walked away.

_______________________________
"Why did you call for me, Carlo?" Cosetta asked.
"Don't you have any news for me, my love..?" Carlo smiled brightly making her roll her eyes in contempt.
"Fine, fine... I'm pregnant with you niece/nephew.."
"You..! You're what?!" Carlo's eyes budged out as his facial expression changed drastically. Pretending like she didn't see the shock in his eyes, she took the glass of orange juice which was placed on the table, and sipped from the content. "Oh.. I thought you already found out, I guess I was wrong..." she said with a slight shrug.
"You.. you're pregnant with Mario's child??!" Shock was still evident in his eyes as he tried processing everything altogether.
"Yes... yes.."
"So, brother doesn't love you, but he still had a baby with you, and the woman he loves has been taken by another. What a twist..." Carlo laughed humorlessly. Cosetta's eyes darkened as she gaze at Carlo. "You found who the woman is..?" With a soft sighs and a happy smile in his lips, he glance at Cosetta who seemed uneasy.
"Yes, I did... with Paolo's help.. but I don't think I can tell you her identity considering your new self.."
"Just tell me. I can take care of myself..." Cosetta spat out angrily.
"But you're carrying my baby niece/nephew, I have to be a good uncle, at least to them.." Carlo's lips curved slightly as he spoke with spike of humor in his voice.
"Carlo! I swear if you don't tell me her name and keep me off this tension, I'll make sure you regret being born into the Griffin's family.." Cosetta spoke viciously and full of resentment, as Carlo's laughter Ames's heard loudly.
"Woah! Chill, okay? I'll tell you.."

______________________________

Mario dart into the maids quarters with a stony look; his eyes were red and brimming with anger, his fist were clenched- round as a ball, as his veins pumped from his skin making it obvious that he was in a terrifying mood. The maids who saw him immediately took heels, as they ran off for their dear lives: leaving  the entire quarters vacant. Without thinking twice, he barged into the room Angelica stays. She was clad in a pink dress, her hair was packed in a messy bun as she played with a white teary bear on the bed.
"What... Mario.." she stood up from bed only for her eyes to meet with those terrifying brown eyes. The sight of him this way made her shudder subconsciously. "Mario... are you..." before she could finish her statement, Mario aggressively grabbed her by her neck and slammed his lips on hers- kissing life out of her. He unleashed all his frustration and anger that he pent up all along on her. The thought of seeing her on a wedding gown, reciting her marriage vows made him viciously bite her lips as he kissed her.
A painful moan escaped from her lips as she struggled to set herself free from his hold; it only resentment into more torture. His huge hand landed on her neck as he pulled her into the small bed. With her underneath his body, he ravished her again like a monster that everyone knew him for. His lips trailed down her cheeks to her neck, as he kept biting and kissing her. Struggling in fear to set free from his hold, tears gathered in her eyes and trickled down her cheeks. The moment he kissed her lips again, he found them salty only to realize that she sad crying and weeping softly. His heart clenched and his body shook subconsciously.
He hurt her.
He almost violated her.
He let his anger get the best of him.
As though he was drunk and completely out of his mind, he staggered out of the room as a tear trickled from his eyes: with just a thought in his mind...
I hate the man that I have become.

_____________________________
"Are you ready to talk?" Cosetta rubbernecked at Carlo who just gulped down the entire glass of beer places on the table.
"Okay, okay.. since you're so uneasy, and want me to spill the beans; I will do it on your behalf, for my future niece/nephew. Don't say I didn't warn you.." Completely pissed by his words. Cosetta rolled his eyes in frustration and said. "Just say it already, you've been staring the same warning for over 30 minutes.."
"Give, the woman you've been searching for- high and low, the mountains, the rivers, the sky, the hospital, the..." fully vexed and unable to curtail her anger, she slammed her hand on the table about to open her mouth to say something when Carlo's words shut her up...
"Angelica... that woman is Angelica... she's the one Mario loves and she's the one who made his cold heart soften.." As though a terrible bomb had been set in her heart and exploded, Cosetta's gaze darkened completely and they were purely gross darkness and coldness found in it. Her mind travelled far as she remembered Angelica's cute face, her smile, her naïve and innocent attitude.
Was it all fake?
Just then, Piera's words rang in her mind like a thunderbolt.
"What.. what if she's just faking it, faking everything..." the cute innocent face and aura... was all a lie!
"I think my brother has been sleeping with her too.. you have get rid of her in case she comes out, claiming to be pregnant, and I'll have two nieces/nephews born in few months." Carlo said apathetically.
"Angelica slept with Mario?" Cosetta looked like her world had crumbled entirely as she gazed at Carlo who simply scoffed.
"Slept? I mean sleeping... it's a continuous term. That vicious brat hypnotized my twin too... you have to get rid of her before she destroys the Griffin and steals your defined position as the Matriarch of the family..." Carlo's words rendered Cosetta soulless and emotionless. The thought of seeing Angelica reap everything she sowed and worked for made her clench her fist in anger. Anger swallowed her up completely. She had already made up her mind...
"Don't tell me you're ready to give up everything for your dear friend..?" Carlo's words were like adding petrol into a burning fire.
After moments of silence... Cosetta's cold voice was heard, distinct and clear enough..
"Why do you ask me the same question I already have an answer to... She... will... go... down... for... me..." Cosetta said word for word. Her eyes packed with coldness and rage.
A triumphant smile appeared on Carlo's face as he snickered internally.
"Welcome to the Griffin's family, sister-in-law..." he smiled sheepishly as her gaze remained ever cold.