Capitolo dodoci (Chapter twelve)

"Do you think she'll be okay?" Cosetta looked so tensed and worried as she paced about the villa with Roberto looking all surprised and astonished by her actions. "I mean, Mario is so evil. How could he embarrass a sweet good looking young lass in public..." she balled her fist and threw a sudden gaze at Roberto, who flinched a little at the sight of her deadly glare.
"Do you think Mario is gay? Because no one, I repeat, no one will ever treat Angelica like that. She's too pretty and so, so good looking. Anyone who sees her will definitely have fantasies about her. But the way... the way he looked at her... it was really complicated" she paced about thinking, as she reminisced what happened all over again.
"Yeah, yeah... mixed facial expression. He looked so angry, somehow sad; in another way- surprised, and enchanted by something captivating. I couldn't deduce what was going on until he began lashing out her identity to everyone. Like who cares? Who cares that she's a maid..?" Roberto stared at her as he cleared his throat to speak... "I have something to say..."
"Then say it..."
"Actually, Angelica and Mario... they are..." A phone call interrupted Roberto.. "Sorry, wait a second..." she took out the phone and picked the call.
"Hello.."
"Cosetta, are you okay?"
"Carlo?"
"Yes"
"How did you get my number?" A soft chuckled sounded from the other line.
"Some ways... are you really okay?"
"Mhm... fine. How... how's Angelica?"
"Oh yeah, I saw her a while ago, and she looks indifferent. I don't think she's hurt or angry no more..."
"Indifferent...?" Cosetta paused as her thoughts ran wide.
"Do you want to have dinner with me? Maybe you could discuss something about Mario with me..." hearing Mario's name made her lips curve into a smile.
"Sure, text me the address"
"Okay then.." the call got disconnected, and she turned to face Roberto. "I don't think tonight' section can hold. I have a dinner to attend..." she said as she packed her bag in a hurry.
"Oh" Roberto mouthed as he watched her leave.
"Well... see you tomorrow then..." she paused to say, as she turned back and left completely.
______________________________
At the Griffin's family villa, Paolo sat alone in the huge sitting room with a glass of red wine in his hand. He played with the glass in his hand as a wide smile appeared on his face. Unlike the Paolo everyone knows, he seemed different- he wasn't looking all gloomy or scared. Instead, he looked so lively like one who just won a jackpot. "Ready or not, here I come..." he said with complete enthusiasm in his voice, as he gulp down the wine and stared blankly at a distance.
______________________________
"So you mean my brother, Mario is in love with someone?" Carlo'a eyes illumine as his gaze was fixed on Cosetta.
"Yes, but I still don't know who the lucky one is; the one who could make that cold heart, soften. It's still a conundrum to me..."
Carlo said. "Don't think about that anymore. You plan on marrying my brother in spite all odds, you want to find the girl who my brother is in love with and I just want to my brother to lose someone dear to his heart. I think I finally found it..." he tittered as he spoke.
"So what do you plan on doing to the... girl when you find her?" Cosetta's mood suddenly darkened, staring blankly at a distance, she said: "I'll eliminate her..." she said without any single affection or warmth of feeling.
"Mhm... I see..." Carlo replied apathetically. "What if... what if she's someone you know... somehow..." a gloomy and troubled expression appeared on her face, as her thoughts ran wide.
What if...
What if it is someone I know?
Would I act ruthlessly too? Cosetta raised her head slowly to study Carlo who seemed his usual self- composed and indifferent.
He surely knows nothing about Mario's girl...
A crooked smile appeared on her lips, staring at the nonchalant man in front of her, she said. "I'll... I can be kind enough to let her off. But if... and only if the damage can't be resolved, and one has to step down for the other... she'll do down for me..." she said cooly and yet parsimoniously.
"Mhm... I'll work out my personal plans then..."
"You're not telling Paolo?"
"No, no... he's too naïve for all this. He's my twin and while he does the resting, I'll do the fighting..." Carlo said amiably.
"Okay, okay... have a lovely night rest, Carlo Griffin.."
"Nice to meet you once again..." Already on her feet, she stretched her hand for a cordial handshake, a bright smile on her face which lightened up her face.
"Mhm..." he stood up on his feet, adjusting his suit, and took her hand in his with a similar smile on his face.
"Nice to meet you too, Cosetta Allegro..." They both stared at each other, maintaining a steady gaze with their hand tight together.

Vote for all chapters and comment your thoughts and problems...
Thank you...