Capitolo quindici (Chapter fifteen)

"You're pregnant?" Both Macro Allegro and Isabetta Guerra chorused as they stared at her. Macro's face was red S he looked like he was going to explode from anger. Isabetta in the other hand stared blankly at her with mixed facial expression.
"Who is responsible? I thought... you! Cosetta...! I thought you wanted Mario...? What's all this? And where's this pregnancy coming from?" He lashed out at her, completely vexed at her and Cosetta simply scoffed in her mind.
"Father... I...l interrupting her, he continued.
"Look here Cosetta. I won't accept this child into this family, so get rid of it! Don't let anyone else know that you're pregnant. It could cause a problem if the Griffin's gains out about it..."
"Macro!!! How could you say that to your daughter? What matters more to you...? Your wealthy self or your daughter.? Answer me!" Isabetta let out all the anger she printed up on him, all at once.
"You..! I wasn't the one who sent her to be sleeping around with wretched and terrible looking men.."
"Like her father isn't the ruler of them all.." Isabetta replied with sarcasm evident in her voice.
"..."
"You...! Woman!" Macro was speechless as he stared at Isabetta.
"Father! Mother! Enough already!" Cosetta rolled her eyes in annoyance.
And what if it doesn't belong to Mario, as long as I believe in my heart, the baby is his..
"You have to get rid of this... that...that baby..." Macro said with spike of disgust in his voice.
"Fine, okay... dad, you just hit a jackpot now and you want me to dump it all into a trash can . Sure, I will..."
Macro raised his brow as he stared at her and said... "what do you mean? What jackpot?"
"I don't even want to have anything to do with Mario again, so I'll just end everything by getting rid of his baby..." Cosetta says with her lips in a pout. Only at that moment did ur dawn in Macro what ge had just suggested. Isabetta on the other hand looked equally surprised as well..
"Co... Cosetta, the child... the child is the Griffin's heir? Mario's heir? You...! Cosetta..!" Macro's facial expression changed to being so joyful. He was grinning from ear to ear; completely amazed at how fast she was in accomplishing her plans.
"Cosetta, how did you do it? Mario never slept with you, so how is..." before Isabetta could complete her statement, Marco angrily interjected. "How did you know that they haven't slept with each other, woman? Have you been spying on your own daughter now? So you're tired of spying on me and moved on to our daughter. How shameless exactly are you?" Isabetta replied nonchalantly and less bothered about his words. "At least I'm not a fool who says a thing and immediately means another when he sees money. At least I won't betray my family for a useless position and wealth. Any man who does this deserves to be drowned in the river a hundred and sixty nine times till he finally gives up the ghost."
"You...! You, woman! I wonder what I saw in you that I married you.."
"You saw wealth, Macro. You stingy bastard! You saw that my family were rich, and so you dived into an unending wealth, not caring for anything. You made it so obvious, Macro. Now, you've gotten what you want, and I'm useless to you, right?" Isabetta stared plainly at him with her lips curved up to a smirk. "Well, let me break a sad news to you. You can never get rid of me, because the moment you try it, the moment you see something you can't forgo..." Macro's face turned red from embarrassment and anger as he clenched his fist by the side.

"It's okay, it's okay... you both shouldn't fight. It's a good day, okay?" Cosetta quickly said as she dissolved Macro's anger instantly.
"I had an encounter with Mario during that party we both went for..." Cosetta said.
"Really? That little bastard pretended like nothing happened between you both... such a bastard..." Macro said with contempt in his voice.
"He was drunk and couldn't remember a thing the next day... so I kept it a secret from him..."
"Cosetta, what if he insist that the child isn't his... what would you do?" Isabetta looked worried as she asked. Macro casted a deadly glare at her and said: "you woman! You're always so pessimistic towards everything. Hmph!"
"Mother, Roberto was there and he's a witness to everything..." Cosetta said softly.
"Roberto... you mean Marshall's son... woah! You really get along with all these rich sons and  daughters.." Macro exclaimed as his eyes brightened.
"So... you've planned everything then.."
"Yes, mom.. nothing will go wrong this time."
"Then, you have my blessings then." Isabetta said with a smile.
"But.. don't say anything about my baby. I'll plan it myself.."
"Trust your father. Lips sealed..." Macri said as he moved his hand by his mouth like though he zipped something up.

_______________________________
"Quick your uncles and aunties are all here ...come out already.." Signore Carlotta held Piera's hand who pouted like a child.
As they walked out together, Carlo and Paolo came down together, dressed in a similar outfit.
"Well, well, well... The great family seems incomplete..." A older man snickered as he spoke.
"Bruno, Mario is very much busy at the office, and Emiliano... he must have told you what came up.." Signora Carlotta answered politely.
"Hey cousin Piera, you look so beautiful now.. I remember when you were so young and you came with your mother to our home to beg for money. Aiisssh! Who would have thought...."
Piera's face darkened as she gritted her teeth in anger, staring at the 'so called cousin' of hers.
"Niccolo!"A older woman scolded and quietly said: "You shouldn't say that out, remember that they've moved and elevated really high."
"First uncle, first aunt, third Uncle, fifth aunt, Niccolo, Nicole... welcome to the Griffin's mansion. To what do we owe this sudden meeting?" Carlo grinned as they rolled their eyes in anger and scoffed.
"Carlo! You were my favorite nephew, how could you treat me this way?" A middle aged lady feigned anger, but Carlo simply rolled his eyes in annoyance.
"In what way did I treat you, fifth aunt?"
"You..!" She stomped her foot to the ground.
"Enough, enough... let's enjoy a simple meal and discuss the main cause of this meeting..." Signora Carlotta said as the fifth aunt pouted her lips; looking at her vicious nephew in a anger.
"Fine, fine... let's do that.." Bruno replied half heartedly.
As they walked at the forefront, Niccolo stopped in Paolo's fro t and snickered. Having heard a lot about how Paolo behaves timidly and stupidly, he wanted to tease the young lad, but who would have though...
Niccolo piercing gaze was fixed on Paolo, as he stared into his calm, warm eyes. A smug smile appeared on his face as he placed his hand
In Paolo' shoulder: not breaking the gaze from him. His hand pressed Paolo' shoulder tightly as his fu hers pierced into his skin, and still, Paolo's gaze were still the same.
Carlo turned his face to gaze at Paolo only to see this disastrous scene. "Niccolo!" Carlo cursed as he dart towards them. Before he could come any closer, Paolo's usual calm and warm gaze changed abruptly. His sudden frightening change made Carlo freeze and made the entire people present to shiver subconsciously in fear. Seeing Paolo's change, Niccolo was frightened and scared, but still, his hand remained fixed on his shoulder.
Paolo's change was synonymous to that of a beast pretending to be a sheep. It was like though he finally released the hidden cages beast to life. His eyes were filled with coldness, an unending coldness- his face was stiff and bare of any single warmth that the world has to offer. He looked like the god of war in person, and this look frightened every single person including the maids who saw this change, expect...
Like a man who sold his soul to the devil, Paolo took Niccolo hand off his shoulder as he preserved the deadly glare.
Niccolo was already shaking in fear, but yet he couldn't mutter a single word. Before anyone could process what was happening; a cracking and breaking sound was heard in the room: accompanied with Niccolo's cry. Paolo's scary gaze terrified everyone and what terrified them the most was that smug smile that appeared on his lips as he broke Niccolo's hand. No one said a word, everyone couldn't bear to say a word.. just then, they heard a person call Paolo's name softly.
"Pa...Paolo..." the voice rang out clearly in the cold dead room. Everyone turned their gaze to see who it was. They turned their gaze back to see Paolo, only to see another man entirely. The Paolo they all knew was back and that beast earlier was caged back.
How?
Who really is this girl?
What did she do to him?

______________________________
Mentions...
Riona_writes2455

Alicia23M

melitajoy

imaginator1D