Capitolo undici (Chapter eleven)

"I... I'm sorry, I didn't mean it... I..." Angelica stuttered in fear. A soft natural chuckle escaped from the young man's lips, as he stared keenly at her. "It's fine, it's just water. I don't bite..." he said with his voice filled with enthusiasm.
"I... I..."
"What's your name?" He gazed at her.
"I... it's... An..." she was interrupted by a voice. "President Sergio..." the familiar voice rang in her ear, as she turned to see who it was. Sergio's eyes darkened at the sight of the person who dared to interrupt him. "Mario..." he said coldly.
Mario's eyes shifted to the young lass on a black gown and at that moment, his body froze to a point. Anger filled his gear and fear masked his soul.
Was Sergio in love with Angelica?
What is she doing here?
Angelica!
Cosetta and the twins were attracted to the scene and so they hurried to see what was going on.
"To what do I owe this call from our dear Mario..?" Seeing that Mario seemed somewhat distracted, and his gaze was fixed on the lady by his side; he held her hand possessively and interlocked fingers with her. This action not only surprised Angelica and Mario, but equally Cosetta, the twins, and everyone present.
"What are you doing here?" Mario's eyes darkened completely.
"She owes me... And she's a beautiful one by the way..." Sergio said provocatively.
"You...! She's just a maid..." Mario replied, his eyes were void of warmth - cold and icy as the Antarctica. What Mario said caused an uproar, as people began gossiping and casting deadly glance at Angelica.
"A maid? What a slutty maid"
"What's a maid doing in a socialite gathering?"
"She belongs to the slum"
"I heard she came along side with Cosetta"
"Just a poor, ugly maid, hmph!"
Angelica bit her lips as she clutch her dress tight. Her eyes were wet, ready to rain down abundant of waters; her head towards the ground as she heard the terrible comments.
Indeed she knew she didn't belong here.
Mario's confession equally startled Sergio as he gazed deeply at Angelica and said: "who's maid? Yours?"
"You've said well" Mario answered proudly, as they gossiped even more.
Cosetta who was in the crowd felt bad and pity for Angelica. Just when she was about to step forward, she felt a grip on her hand... it was Carlo. His eyes darkened as his grip on her hand tighten. He pulled her to himself and left the crowd. Away, they left.
Piera who seemed to be enjoying the scene, snickered as her lips curved into a proud smirk.
Under the deadly glare of the once envious socialite, Angelica couldn't bear it anymore, and so she clutch her gown by both sides and ran off in tears.
Seeing the pitiful look on her face and the tears that rolled down her face, Mario's heart clenched and his heart skipped a beat. He let his anger get the best of him, and humiliated her beyond redemption.
He ran also, chasing after her, and calling her name.
"Wait! Angelica.... Angelica... Angeli..." he grabbed her hand suddenly making her reflexively turn to face him. The tears still flowed freely down her fair face, and in spite all, her beauty still shined brighter and brighter.
"Angelica, I..."
"Mario, you said it all already. Deep in your heart, I'm just a maid, a maid your family own; nothing more and nothing less. You humiliated me in public and made me a laughing stock. Mario, you're truly the best everyone calls you- emotionless bastard. I hate you! I hate you so much. Let's end... end all of this. It's over..." she said. Mario's grip on her hand tightened as he stared at her coldly before proceeding to say.
"I'm not breaking up with you. I don't consent to this. Angelica, do you know what you just did? Do you know the risk you just put yourself in..?"
"What stupid risk?!" Angelica replied nonchalantly.
"You came out... you're way prettier than all of them, all the ladies here. You attracted the attention of men, even the married once. Most of them could conduct a research about you, and once they find out what's going on between us, it would be used against me; you life could even be in danger by those fighting against me to get to where I am. I may not be able to protect you, Angelica. That's why... that's why I kept you safe by my side, with an ordinary title that no one will ever suspect..." he trailed his hand down her cheeks to her chin: mesmerized and allured by her beauty; his eyes were fixed on her. Angelica locked gaze with him as she listened to his explanation, and found it quite justifiable.
"I'm... I still can't forgive you. Hmph!" She feign anger, turning her face to the side with her lips to a pout, and her hands folded against one another. This act made Mario grin happily.
"I'm sorry love... I didn't mean to say those harsh words. I... you mean the whole world to me, and I won't let just anyone to steal my light from me..." he paused, looking at her beautiful, calm expression. "Well, if you don't say something, I guess I'll have to force you to do a workout with me... to burn all the stress..." Angelica's eyes widened as her face turned red from embarrassment. Without letting her think twice, he carried her in a princess style and walked away.
"You..! Mario! I promise I'll cut off your head with the kitchen knife!"
"My whole body is yours baby"
"You..! Little pervert!!" His giggles could be heard afar, and their lovely chattering.
As they left, a figure came to view from the back door where they were both standing, previously. The figure stood, lifeless and watched the two act all lovey-dovey.
"Angelica and Mario..." the voice was distinct and clear enough, but the figure couldn't be seen.

How was this chapter????
Who is this man???