Capitolo quattordici (Chapter Fourteen)

Angelica was dressed in a white long sleeved free gown, her black long hair was packed in a messy bun. She wore a brown faded sandals and a sack in her hand. A bright smile appeared on her face: she looked so happy and delighted. Completely lost in her own thoughts, she bumped into someone.
"Ah!" She held her forehead scrutinizing his face as she gasped in surprise.
"Signore... Signore... Paolo..." She bowed, biting her lower lips badly. A soft chuckle escaped from his lips as her pat her head gently like though she was a child.
"It's fine. Just call me Paolo... I'll love it if you do..." he said with a dashing smile on his lips.
"I... Sig..."
"Ahem!" Paolo cleared his throat softly.
"Pa... Paolo..." she called softly making his brow furrow a bit: muttering under his breath: "The way she called me sounds... good"
"Huh?" Angelica faced him.
"'Mhm... you're going to the public market right?"
"Ye... yes"
"Ah! Very good..." He collected the sack from her. "I was equally heading there. My car is outside. Care for a ride?" Without waiting for her to either decline or accept, he interlocked his fingers with hers; staring at her beautiful spotless face, he was astonished for a while, and he cleared his throat "let's go. You won't want to keep a Griffin waiting..."
"I... Sig... Paolo... I"
"Shh... you talk too much.." he scoffed as he walked with her.
"You..!" She looked so infuriated at the silly man who held her hand.
How can this man be Mario's brother?
Such a jerk. She thought as she pouted.

______________________________
"CEO, the Allegro family are still up for the deal. It would be nice if we..."
"Luca, which other family can we get across to..?"
"Logically speaking, the most family or company that will grantee our safe lifting in acquiring the state as a whole and even more states is no one else but the Morris- the old emperor, but that is more like having a crazy fantasy, it's completely fictitious. The next to the Morris is the Angelopoulous, that is a family under the Morris family. Their relationship is simply like this: the Emperor's only child, his daughter, married from the Angelopoulous and lost his daughter. His son-in-law who is well stricken in age, never got married again, but had a son named Ferdinando. His son never made use of the family name in public but took up his wealthy mother's family name. His mother got married and had a daughter. And so, Ferdinando's mother's family linked up with the Morris and you should know what happened next... The old Emperor has no true heir and once he's gone, trouble and turbulence will destroy everyone, unless... unless he finds an heir..."

"It sounds fictitious" Mario shrugged as he replied.
"I..."
"For now, I need to have my complete stance as the ruler of the state..."
"The Allegro family are our only hope then" Luca said.
Mario's eyes darkened as he stared at the documents placed before him.
He took his pen slowly as his gaze deepened. Staring at the documents, he took a deep breath and signed it.
"Then the Allegro family it is..." he passed the documents to Luca who's body shook subconsciously. With the documents in his hand, he gaze pitifully at Mario and left. Just then, a call came in to Luca.
"Hello... he signed it... yes... I've done all that you want me to do, so let my family go... I don't want your money, just don't hurt my family .. yes... okay..." The call was disconnected and Luca heaved a sigh of relief.
____________________________
"Did he sign it?" Roberto asked.
"Mhm.. he did.." Cosetta answered nonchalantly. Her head was on Roberto's lap as she played with her phone.
"Did... did you really have to go that far?" Cosetta paused as she raised her head from his laps and sat still.
"I... mean, yeah.. you're pregnant already and the Griffin's will definitely acknowledge that, but..." interrupting his speech, Cosetta said: "And what is he doesn't acknowledge the child..."
"Cosetta, I..."
"And what is he's still as stubborn as ever.."
"Cosetta... that..."
"I thought about everything before laying the strategies down..."
"Cosetta, you...! The documents was..." Roberto paused, looking at Cosetta as she smiled smugly.
"You switched it... you really switched it!!!"  He exclaimed as she rolled her eyes nonchalantly and said... "Yeah, and...?"
"And... you..." he paused again and gazed deeply at her, at that, his eyes widened, and he immediately put his hand up to cover his mouth. "You...! Don't tell me that you made him sign an agreement.."
"What agreement?" Cosetta bat her eyelashes seductively.
"You...! Little... an agreement like what happened with DS enterprise 15 years ago. If he doesn't follow the agreement, not only will he lose the company and his hold in the state; he will equally lose his place in the Griffin family as the future patriarch..." Roberto stated and Cosetta nodded in affirmation.
"That's right... and..?"
"And... and if he has to follow the stated agreement, the heiress of the Allegro family will be joined with the heir of the Griffin family who should be the future patriarch. At that, both the Griffin's and the Allegro would enjoy equality and rule the state..." he stared blankly at her as he spoke.
"No, no... both the Griffin and the Allegro would enjoy equality and Mario would rule the state with his wife: Cosetta..." she said smiling sheepishly.
"Isn't it too... harsh..?" Roberto's gaze was fixed on her and she smiled wider.
"Harsh? It's an agreement that he signed. I have to break the news to everyone and let everyone know that I, Cosetta Allegro, never gave up on Mario and the wedding, and I still remain his fiancée and the future matriarch..." She grinned and laughed softly. "I can't wait to see that deadly look on his face.." she said laughing harder than previous and Roberto's face sank..

________________________________
Remember to vote for all chapters.