Capitolo tre (Chapter three)

"You're getting married in a month's time..."
"Mom, I'm not getting married, especially not Cosetta."
"Why? She's a pretty young girl- well mannered, the minister's daughter, and she has a master's degree in mechanical engineering, not only that, she's very calculative and smart. What more do you want, Mario?" Signora Carlotta spoke in a soft tone. Ignoring his mother's words, he rolled his eyes as he replied coldly.
"Let me interpret all you've said. She's well mannered? Ladylike? Civilized? Refined? Polished? Polite? She's either pretending to be all that and if she's not, I don't still like her. The minister's daughter? And so what if she's the president's daughter? She has master's degree in mechanical engineering? What does that have to do with all of this? She's very calculative, you say? Isn't that trying to say that she can't be trusted in anyway. She..."

"Mario!" Signora Carlotta called out with her voice filled with resentment. Just then, Piera walked in with Cosetta who was dressed in Resultado de imagem para lace up black bodycon dress which brought out her curves. Her blonde shoulder length hair fell right on her shoulder- coiled and refined. Her eyelashes extension made her look so pretty. Her face masked with make up and her lips: looking sexy and so soft. She looked so ladylike and civilized.

"Mom, I told you all your talks won't work. I think brother's gay." Piera spoke nonchalantly.
"Piera!" Signora Carlotta feared greatly for what Piera said about her brother.
"If I'm gay, I'll make sure you die single"

Signora Carlotta: "..."
Cosetta: "..."
Piera: "!!!"
"You..!" Piera was short of words, as she stared at Mario in anger. Ignoring her completely, he strolled over to walk away, but stopped abruptly. Turning his face, his gaze was fixed on Cosetta who slowly raised her head, and their gaze met.
"I don't like you; I'll never ever have even a tiny bit of feelings for you. Just a warning" staring at her in disgust, he turned his face away and left in-spite the call.
"Mario! You..!" Signora Carlotta screamed as she gaze at Cosetta who was biting her lips really hard.
"Cosetta, you have to get used to this" Piera said patting her back gently as she strolled away.
"My dear, don't mind that brat. I'll talk to him. He's just being stubborn as usual. Don't take it to heart, okay? You're both getting married next month"
"It's fine. I completely understand him, and I don't blame him. I'll give him time." Cosetta replied softly in an elegant way, as Signora Carlotta nodded her head in appraise and approval.
A flash of coldness appeared in her eyes (Cosetta'a eyes) as she looked at the door Mario passed through a while ago. The strange expression vanished in a twinkle of an eyes, and it was like though- all an illusion.

_____________________________
"Do you really want to marry that Mario Griffin? Honey, try convincing her"
"Convincing her? She has her choice to make woman. Don't involve me in your little conniving stuff"
"I want only Mario" Cosetta said.
"The poor boy doesn't even like you..."
"And so what if he doesn't like me? As long as one party is happy, all is well. Mom, I love Mario. No matter what happens or may happen, Mario is my future husband, he's the one I love; he'd be the father of your grandchild, and I'll be the only future matriarch of the Griffin's family. No one, I repeat, no one will ever take my place. Anyone that dares it should be ready to pay in sevenfold" Her lips curved upwards forming a deadly and cold smirk.
"Cosetta!" A soft cry was heard.
"Mother, I know you fear, but.. even Father agrees with me, right?"
"Mhm.. Mario is a perfect match for you.." He replied.
"That's my Father!" Cosetta grinned with appraise, as he smiled at her words. Heaving a sigh, her mother looked away, gazing afar off.

___________________________
"Do you want to see something good?" Fabio grinned as he spoke.
"Go away! I'm working" Angelica replied, not sparing him a glance.
"Angelica... you hate me now, huh?" He whined as he looked at her still acting nonchalant.
"You said that the last time too, Fabio" she said washing the dishes with her eyes fixed on them.
"No, no. Angelica, I'm serious now.. it would be fun, I promise."
"You equally said this statement about an hour ago, 32 minutes, and exactly 12 seconds ago. Oh now.. 13 seconds" she said.
"Angelica, you're no fun. You're so smart. Hmph!" Fabio said looking all dejected.
"I'm no fun?" Turning her gaze at Fabio, she cleaned her hand with the handkerchief. "Then you're fun, huh?" Her empowering and overpowering aura made Fabio startled for a while, but then, he found it cute. The way she spoke, the way her lips curved, the way her hair dangled and spread all over her face... she was just so beautiful.
"Answer me and stop staring at me you pervert!" She spoke in a bossy way, as Fabio couldn't hold his laughter no more and bursted out into laughter.
"You..! You're laughing at me, huh?" Angelica was obviously angry and vexed, but she looked so cute in-spite all.

The other maids were at a corner by the entrance; watching and giggling even though they understood little of what happened earlier.
"Angelica and Fabio look so funny"
"They both remind me of a famous TV show"
"It looks like Fabio pissed the humble Angelica.."
"They look like a perfect heaven's match couple... Angelica and Fabio."  Chatters and giggles which was heard clearly by an unknown.
The air suddenly became hot and tensed. It was as though the god of war had descended in person to kill and destroy mankind - everything before him.
"What's going on here?" The maids gasped at the familiar voice. Their feet grew weak and their limbs grew numb. The mere sight of him was as though their soul was drained out of their body.
Angelica turned her gaze at the familiar figure. Traces of coldness on his face and anger could be seen. Fabio on the other hand turned in complete silence  surprise.

'What is he doing in the kitchen?'