Capitolo Nove (Chapter Nine)

"Carlo? Oh my babies!" Signora Carlotta walked towards them with a bright, cheerful smile on her face.
"Mom, you didn't miss your favorite child, huh?" The twin on red whined, as he stomped his foot to the ground.
"Of course I missed you, Carlo... I missed you and Paulo" she pinched their cheeks sightly. "You're my sweet babies..." she grinned making the twins chuckled in excitement.
"Mom, what about me? Am I not your favorite anymore?" Piera purred, pouting her lips in jealousy.
"Ptf! Who told you that you were mom's favorite child?" Carlo snickered and said "You were never, sweetie. It was either Mario or I.." he spoke proudly, making Piera's brow furrow in annoyance.
"Fine, fine.. don't fight. You're all my favorite, and I love you all equally, okay?"
"Parents lie, Piera.." Carlo replied with a scoff.
"Carlo!" Signora Carlotta called in annoyance.
"I love you mummy!" He grinned like a little child as Carlotta could only shake her head, and laugh softly.
______________________________
"You'll wear the Robe De Mariée Adela Design black gown and I'll wear this one..." she brought out a column lace floor- length long sleeves beach wedding gown dress.
"Wow!" Angelica opened her mouth in surprise and astonished at the beauty of the dress, as she spoke: "I can't, I'm sorry... it's so pretty for someone like me..." her words made Cosetta burst out into laughter. Holding Angelica hands to stand up, she pat her cheeks gently, and said. "For now, forget about who you truly are, and now you are my friend and not a maid anymore. Anyone that is my friend must act like me. Just like that popular quote: When you're in Rome, you act like a Roman... is that okay?" A faint smile appeared on Angelica's face. Raising her head slowly, she locked gaze with Cosetta; nodding her head repeatedly, she said: "yes, yes... I'll wear the dear and I won't embarrass you.." her(Angelica) motivating herself made a wide smile appear on Cosetta' face.
"Good girl... The make up artist is over there at the left. When you're ready, you can go in and have your makeup done. Mine is at the right, here.. I'll get going now.." with that, Cosetta turned around and left, leaving Angelica with her dress.
Taking a deep breath, she took the dress up with her and headed towards the described room where the makeup artist was..
As she opened the door, the makeup artist turned to look at her closely, and said: "you can sit here ma'am"
"Oh please, just call me Angelica.." She chuckled as she strolled over and sat in front of a mirror.
"Okay Angelica..." she smiled and began working. "Wow! You have a great skin: spotless and so beautiful. I have to admit, you're the first person I've seen with such outstanding skin" the artist complimented her, and with a smile, Angelica replied "Enough of the flatteries.. it's not as great as you say.."
"Oh no, you have no idea the millions socialite spend to have their skin 3% of yours.."
A soft chuckle escaped from her lips as she smiled. "Okay, okay. I see..."
_____________________________
At C&G cooperation, Mario was seated in the office like a king on the throne. A pack of files and papers on his table, as he attended to them, one by one. His glittering eyes where fixed on the documents before him. His hair was ruffled on his face, as he looked so graceful in spite of the pressing situation. Just then, he got a call from home.
"Hello" he said.
"Mario, your brothers are home..." the voice sounded so enthusiastic.
"Okay." He replied coldly and void of emotions.
"Mario!"
"Mother, I'm busy, please"
"You have to go for the ball party arrange led by the Bernardi. Your brothers will be there... 6PM..." The call got disconnected, as he heaved a sigh of relief.
He checked his wristwatch to see that he had only thirty minutes.
"Shit!" He cursed, taking his suit case, as he dashed out of the office.
"CEO..."
"Prepare a suit now!" He said authoritatively.
"Ye.. yes... sir..." The young man stuttered as he walked away immediately.
_______________________________
The party began by 6. All the socialite where present; dressed in expensive apparel and dresses; jewelries in gold, and masked in heavy makeup. The red carpet was spread to the entrance of the room, as reporters flooded the entire place- taking pictures and videos. A black car stopped in front of the red carpet, as the door was opened. In excitement, the reporters began to capture pictures at the sight of Piera and the twins. She was dressed in a flowing red body con gown that brought out her gracefully figure. Her hair was packed in a lovely ponytail and thus made her so attractive than the others. Her makeup rhymed with her face. She looked so young and beautiful. The twin on the other hand wore suits. Carlo wore a red men slim fit one button 3- piece blazer dress, accompanied with a white inner shirt which made him look so dashing and sexy. His hair was combed over, and this drew the attention of many. He looked exceptionally hot!
Paolo followed closely after Carlo. Unlike Carlo'a dashing dress, he simply wore a light blue T-shirt that hugged his body perfectly.
The first two buttons were left undone, and so his bare chest were revealed- quite a perfect show for the single female socialite, who grinned nonstop, and even threw kisses at him.
As the perfect siblings left, more and more people walked through the red carpet and more screams could be heard.
Just then a shout was heard. Piera turned only to roll her eyes dramatically. Carlo peeped to look at who it was: disgust was clearly evident on his face. He turned his face away in anger and looked else were.