𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 HEARTBREAKS

・❥・chapter twenty-three, it girl

THERE WAS A TIME WHERE ALLEN HALSAINE LOVED HIS FAMILY more than anything, more than himself

THERE WAS A TIME WHERE ALLEN HALSAINE LOVED HIS FAMILY more than anything, more than himself. He was happy when he heard the news that his longtime girlfriend was pregnant, the love of his life birthing their child. He fell in love with the idea of belonging with Ilana in a small cabin where it was just him and baby Eileen. Because Allen Halsaine was the type of guy who loved the smell of fresh air.

Eileen's first word being STAR because her dad always took her on top of the mountains to see the scenery above and below. Allen's fresh air was his daughter, without her Allen would have felt lost. Allen grew up believing he was going to end up like his deadbeat father and addict mother. Ilana made him believe he was never going to be like the scum of his father.They were happy, the three of them, they were the perfect picture family.

That was when the mountain started eroding, his mountain that he spent watching every morning, where he took his princess every day. He watched as the mountain fell apart and just by a blink of the eye he opened his eyes to see the depressing people walk by his porch in a rush.He learned one day that the wife and daughter he spend his ten years together, those ten years he spent loving them, that they weren't a family at all.

That his wife went behind his back for six years and had an affair with her coworker while he was busy working and taking care of their child. That's what he thought anyway that it was their child, but she broke the news to him that the little girl he raised wasn't his at all. One blink and the mountain was gone, opening his eyes he saw how h̷i̷s̷ daughter grow up with similar features as the guy his wife cheated on him with.

The same eyes, those eyes she stared lovingly at him and he fell apart. He wasn't his father though, he wasn't going to walk away from her, so he stayed. God, how much he wanted to leave badly. He wanted to find his new mountain and grow old with his old Ilana he had first met , the one that blushed when he was nearby. He wanted to savor the memories where he didn't know. But the mountain already fell, no going back.

He believed one day he wasn't going to be like his father, but here he was waiting for his sixteen year old daughter to come back home because she ran away from his actions. Allen Halsaine grew older to be just like his father, a deadbeat. He took away every technology she had, stopped her from going out, pressured her into focusing on her studies, and manipulated her.

He despised himself. He loathed that he was worse than his own father. The daughter he had raise hadn't come back home since last night and he started getting worried. He took the day off from work and he drank until he hoped she would come back walking through the front door and apologize to him. She deserved a father that assured her and loved her, but he couldn't be that father.

He threw the glass to the wall from his office room, he didn't know who to call. His daughter didn't have any friends, the only friend she had left he made sure to drift them apart. He felt guilt not knowing where his daughter was and knowing he was the one that caused her behavior to escape from their home. He hated cops. He just had to patiently wait until he heard something.