𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 FRIENDS STICK TOGETHER

・❥・chapter thirty-three, it girl

EILEEN STRIDING IN THE HOSPITAL HALLS ON HER WAY towards Stacy's room when she heard a loud noise falling to the floor

EILEEN STRIDING IN THE HOSPITAL HALLS ON HER WAY towards Stacy's room when she heard a loud noise falling to the floor. She stopped on her tracks and went to check out what caused the crash, getting closer to a room she saw a struggling Jimmy Brooks on the floor trying to get up. Eileen rushed to his side and put his arms around her shoulder, the boy tried pushing her away, but Eileen refused to leave his side.

Jimmy tired from fighting gave up and let the girl help him up on his feet, setting him down on the bed. "Thanks, next time just leave me." He sighed, rubbing his hands over his face out of frustration. Eileen hadn't visited Jimmy, busy with her shoulder and looking after Stacy, she had forgotten about the boy being another victim. Part of her felt guilty for not checking up on him sooner and as she paced around the floor, she decided to sit in the bed next to the boy. "You don't have to stay."

"I want to." She muttered quietly, the boy looked at her distress and he recognized that feeling. He nudged his shoulder with his, her face turning to face him, he gave her a nod.

"I know the feeling. I haven't got a proper sleep without remembering that day." Jimmy confessed, staring at the girl beside him.

"My dad tries his best to give me space, but I know he wishes to know what's going inside my head to help me when iI wake up prancing by the nightmares I have every night." Eileen hugs her legs over her chest, thinking about her dad worrying about her.

"Yeah my dad is the same. He's a busy person and honestly this is more time I've spent with him in a long time than I've ever received in the past 16 years." Jimmy telling this to Eileen is a huge weight lift and he's happy he could talk to the girl so easily about his problems then his friends. "We're screws aren't we?" They both chuckle from their trauma and Jimmy puts his hand over the girl's hands and smiles at her.

Eileen looks back at him and returns the smile, scooting closer to him, she lays her head on his shoulder. He looks down on her and then does the same, laying his head on top of hers. They lay there for a while, both enjoying the peace and quiet from prying people. Enjoying each other's company they both refuse to move until they both feel better about themselves.

A week passed and Stacy had been able to be released from the walls that suffocated her every day. Eileen and Darienne both came over to welcome her with open arms and lift her happiness level because the girl for sure needed it. Stacy's sister, Adrienne, a college student was the one to pick up the girl since their mother couldn't make it. The older sister grabbed the emergency crutches and left the room passing the girls to take them to the truck.