𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎 I AGAINST I

・❥・chapter forty-two, it girl

"GUYS IT'S OKAY, I'm fine." Eileen huffed, swatting their hands away from helping her up the stairs. "It's not like I broke any bones. I can walk by myself."

"We're just worried about you, Nyx." Darienne pouted at the brunette, watching closely her friend's movements if sudden accidents happened.

"Take a rest u guys, i'll be okay." Eileen smiled at them although it didn't quite reach her eyes, but they didn't seem to notice that. Exchanging goodbyes, the girls kissed the girls' cheek and let the girl go upstairs to her bedroom.Allen watched this whole interaction and he felt a bang on his heart of sympathy for his daughter.

"Your daughter happens to have a lot of— injuries..." The doctor explained hesitantly, the nurses behind him shut their lips tight, all of them unsure if they should be telling him this.

"Injuries? What are you talking about?" Allen furrowed his eyebrows, wanting answers.

"Scars. Your daughter has bruises and scars around her arms, behind her neck, legs, and what it looks like a healing gash on her thigh possibly by a knife or some sort of sharp tool, Mr. Halsaine." Allen froze by the clarification and he felt disgusted at the idea that popped on his head when he heard the next question, a tear slipping from his eye.

"Has your daughter ever talked about being raped, sir?" At the words, Ilana Halsaine's throat went dry and she rushed to the bathroom to quiet her sobs. Her daughter had been a victim of SA, no she couldn't be right? Ilana Halsaine at that moment felt like she failed as a mother.

Remembering the prior recent events, Allen didn't know how to approach his daughter. Ilana sat on the white living room couch, and reached for the vodka flask from her purse. Gulping it down, she didn't move even when Allen sat down next to her and the only thing she could hear was hers and Allen's shaky breath. Instead this time she reached for his hand which he flinched at, but relaxed when he saw it was her leaning into him for comfort.

Eileen Dana Halsaine had gone through a lot and that made her strong because she was still here living. A part of her wished her unconscious state in the bathroom was her last breath. She thought she was getting better, she and Stacy made up, her dad was showing interest in her, but then every emotion she piled up was screaming to be let out. All she felt as she sat down on the floor next to her bed that she was leaning on, all she felt— was numbness.

"Please, I just want it to stop." She pleaded to no one in particular

An hour passed by and she shut her bedroom door shut behind her slowly and quietly, she took her time down the stairs to not wake her parents up. Despite her sneakiness, in front of her in the living room clutch was her mother sleeping peacefully on her father's shoulder while he slumbered away. A sense of betrayal and confusion at the scene made her feel, she scoffed at the sight. Why would her father ever love someone like her mother when all she did was treat him like shit? she thought.