𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 THE MATING GAME

・❥・chapter three, it girl

ROMEO AND JULIET.

EILEEN COULDN'T HELP, but roll her eyes at the script in front of her. Ms.Kwan had set the script on her desk, telling the class they were going to do a play on it. One thing to know about Eileen Halsaine is that she didn't believe in love, soulmates, one true love, love at first sight, or any other form of describing love. What was it good for? absolutely nothing. Either it ends up with one person cheating, getting married that leads to divorce, the other dies, or fighting 24/7.

It disgusted her how open couples were to pda in the halls, how they could easily say those three words, how they acted so incredibly disgusting. Seeing Ashley and Jimmy ogling each other made her want to puke. "Shakespeare's language can be hard to follow. So what we're going to do is break up into groups and we're going to perform scenes from Romeo and Juliet."Ms.Kwan explained to the class.

"Oh, come on!" Spinner said

"We're going to perform the scenes next week with the text fully memorized."Ms. Kwan ignored Spinner protest

"I'm playing Balthezar. Who's she?"Terri asks

"He is Romeo's servant."Ms Kwan said

"Let me guess. You're Juliet and Jimmy's Romeo." Terri stated, moving to the side to see Ashley

"He's Romeo, but I'm the nurse." Ashley said in confusion

"So who's Juliet?" Terri said also in confusion

Eileen read her script in disbelief. She got Juliet.

Scoffing loudly that gained everybody's attention , she raised her hand high. Ms.Kwan sighed knowing the girl was about to throw a tantrum. Walking to the front of Eileen's desk, she crossed her arms and raised her eyebrow at the girl. "Yes, what's the matter?" Ms.Kwan signaled the girl to talk.

"I find it insulting that I get to play an unintelligent, impudent child that hasn't gotten through puberty who by the way is willing to sacrifice herself for an immature, melodramatic, preposterous and way too old for her, guy." The class blinked at her rambling, Ms. Kwan rolled her eyes at the girl. "And for a matter fact, that she believed that she was deeply in love with him, but she's barely a teenage girl. A child is what she is and a stupid one for doing what she did."

"Are you done?" Ms. Kwan said

"No, actually what are the chances that you let me off from playing this character and maybe even from this play." Eileen put her script up in the air for Ms.Kwan to take. Ms.Kwan took the script making Eileen smile falsely at the teacher. She set down the script to Paige table and grabbed her script and set it down to Eileen table. Eileen's eyes widened and jaw dropped from the teacher's doing.