𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 BASKETBALL DIARIES

chapter four, it girl

FEELING TIRED THIS MORNING, Eileen couldn't pay attention in english class

FEELING TIRED THIS MORNING, Eileen couldn't pay attention in english class. She was up all night doing her homework because she couldn't get the chance to before since her aunt , Kary, came for the weekend. The door opened and in came Jimmy who got stopped by Ms.Kwan with her hand out. "Ms. Kwan, please. Let me make the team first, then I'll give you my autograph."

"How about you give me your English assignment instead?" Ms.Kwan said

"My assignment, right. I wanted to talk to you about that."

"Jimmy, I already gave you an extension. You did read chapter 8 for today, right?"

"Of course. I'm totally on top of the reading, it's just the actual work." Eileen narrowed her eyes at the obvious lie that came out of Jimmy's mouth.

"Jimmy, you're falling seriously behind. I'm concerned you're not up to juggling both academics and sports."

"Oh, but juggling is a sport, Ms. Kwan. There's nothing to worry about, I'm fine."

Making eye contact as he walked past her to get to his seat , she gave him a worried look which he just shook his head at telling her there's nothing to worry about. She didn't believe him of course ,but she had to. She went back to her book and started reading the new chapters even though she was struggling to keep her eyes open. She tried to fight off the sleep by drinking her coffee.

"I've been reading your assignments, well, those that have been handed in. Your thoughts on chapter 8 have been fascinating, so, let's open it up for discussion." Ms.Kwan glanced at the room until choosing her target. "Jimmy?"

"Oh, uh, chapter 8? It's great, just like the rest of the book."Eileen could feel the embarrassment burning her as Jimmy spoke. Hiding her face with her hair from being a target like Jimmy.

"Could you elaborate? For example, which character do you relate to?" Ms.Kwan explained to him

"Well, that's a very interesting question, Ms. Kwan, I- "

"Jimmy, it's not that hard."

"Ok, um, I associate most with the main character."

"It's an ensemble piece. Which main character?"

"The Lord of the Flies. Who else?" Eileen cringed as the class began to laugh at the boy.

"The Lord of the Flies is a severed pig's head resting on a stake. You haven't read the book, have you?" Ms.Kwan said in concern.

Walking in the hall, she found Jimmy and Spinner, hurrying up to catch them

Walking in the hall, she found Jimmy and Spinner, hurrying up to catch them. She put her hand on Jimmy's shoulder as comfort, who smiled at the girl and made space for her to join them. She nodded at Spinner who did the same to the girl. "Busted. Total crash and burn." The blond boy said, indicating Jimmy's situation.

"I'm doomed, man." Jimmy said

"Come on, Ms. Kwan can't stop you from playing. She's an English teacher."Spinner said confidently but so wrong

"Actually, she can ,Spinner." Eileen corrected the boy who furrowed his eyebrows as confusion ,"Teachers are allowed to have a say in the extracurriculars you're taking if you're not doing well in their class." She explained towards the stupid boy.

"MY English teacher who's threatening to talk to MY coach who needs to cut three players."Jimmy said in worry. Eileen grabbed his hand ,squeezing it.

"Jimmy, you're a total natural. Coach Armstrong's not gonna cut you. Just try harder at school." Spinner tried to make the boy feel better. Eileen spotted Terri and Paige coming towards their direction and she immediately took back her hand away from Jimmy. Pushing the doors open they walked past each other. The girls waved at Eileen who waved back.

"School, that's my problem. It's totally in the way. I concentrate on English, my playing is crap. Concentrate on basketball and I don't have enough time to do my homework. It's a no win situation."

"Got that right. It's a Catch 42." Spinner said.

"Maybe try to find a way to balance both things. Find a Schedule that suits you the best." Eileen elaborated to the boy ,"Or you know, you can always just quit basketball." Jimmy, who was questioning Eileen's idea, shook it off as she said to quit basketball. He went back to talk to Spinner instead.

"Catch 22." Jimmy corrected the blond

"Like you know. You thought you were Lord of the Flies." Spinner retorted, stopping in his tracks near the water fountain.

"And now I've got Kwan on my back, I'm bagged, man."

"Yeah, I know the feeling. Since they upped my Ritalin, I'm like a complete zombie." Spinner shook his pills in the air and proceeded to flip it so he could get one.

"Yeah, but I've seen you when you don't take them; not pretty." Jimmy said

"Yeah, I know. Don't call me Spinner for nothing."He took the pill into his mouth and took a sip of the water. Jimmy walks away from them, Spinner looks at Eileen who shrugs. They both head towards the cafeteria.

Eileen bored out of her mind in English class, gets intrigued when Ashley isn't on the tv ,but a little girl instead

Eileen bored out of her mind in English class, gets intrigued when Ashley isn't on the tv ,but a little girl instead. The girl who doesn't know she's on air is messing with her cheeks messaging them. Feeling the second hand embarrassment, the brunette makes her way closer to the tv.

"Welcome to Degrassi's special pre-game announcements. Today the Degrassi Panthers start a whole new reason, season, of basket...ball. Basketball. Uh, by biting Earl Gray." The grade 8 homeroom laughs at the girl ,"You can run, but you can't hide, Earl Gray-Gray. The prowl is on the Panthers. The Panthers are on the prowl. This has been Liberty Van Zandt, filling in for Ashley Kerwin." Eileen felt bad for the girl who was obviously a nervous wreck.

"More like Loser Van Zandt. Good job, Ash. I'm impressed. You totally set her up." Paige chuckles at the girl. Eileen rolls her eyes at the blonde. Paige leaves Ashley's side , who has a guilty look on her face.

"I think she's brave." Eileen states

" Eileen states

A/N

Comment and Vote. Thanks ☺️