Episode 10.8

They shut off most of the lights in the arena when it's time for Miguel to fight Robby. There are two spotlights that highlight the stage. The announcer walks up to speak, "This is it Folks. The moment we've all been waiting for. The final match to determine who will be victor and champion. Will it be Miguel Diaz from Cobra Kai karate? Or will it be Robby Keene," some lady runs up to him, interrupting what he's about to say. She whispers something to him and the announcer looks shocked. Then the announcer turns to the audience and yells, "Daniel Larusso is gonna coach!"

Everyone cheers as Daniel gets up to stand behind Robby. The announcer continues, "I'm sorry folks, there's been a change. Robby Keene will now be fighting for Miyaji-Do karate, with former champion Daniel Larusso as his sensei. How about that? Good luck, gentlemen." Wow, Daniel looks determined. Johnny must be livid. I turn to see that Johnny does not look happy, and Miguel even less. This must've worried Miguel because now he looks even more pissed off.

The two senseis walk up to each other. I can't hear what they're saying, but Daniel looks smug. Daniel ends the conversation chuckling, which is not a good thing for Johnny.

Johnny walks up to Miguel, "You know what to do. You've trained all year for this."

"Don't worry, sensei," Miguel says. "I won't let Larusso or that kid go home a winner."

Hawk grabs my hand to hold as we watch the match. Robby looks a lot more confident now that he has a sensei on his side. "You got this, Miguel." Hawk cheers for Miguel but I stay silent. I don't like how Miguel has been the last couple of days, I'm not sure how I want this match to go. I do know that I want it to settle whatever problem the two boys have with one another.

The referee looks at them both, "Face me, bow. Face each other, bow." Miguel barely bows towards Robby when the ref says that. "Fighting positions, ready, and fight!" Miguel goes on offence, attempting to punch Robby but Robby blocks all of them. Robby lands a kick to Miguel's chest, earning him a point. Hawk groans from beside me.

Miguel punches the floor before he gets up. Come on, Miguel. You're better than this.

"No mercy!" Aisha shouts from beside me.

"You got it," Hawk also yells at Miguel.

The ref steps between the two, "Positions."

"Remember the pitching machine, don't get hit." Johnny calls over to Miguel. I don't know what he's talking about.

"And fight," Miguel does a spinning kick which Robby blocks. Robby attempts to punch Miguel a couple times but Miguel ducks out of the way for all of them. Miguel then purposely kicks Robby in his injured shoulder, and punches him in the stomach which earns him a point.

Aisha and Hawk cheer from beside me, but I don't cheer for that. He's fighting dirty. Miguel is gonna win like how Tyler won against me.

"Diaz and Cobra Kai with the point," the announcer says. "Now, it's 1-1."

They get back into their fighting positions but it's obvious that Miguel just hurt Robby's already hurt shoulder. Robby is trying to move it, but he looks like he's in pain. The ref puts his arm between them, "Ready, and fight!"

Miguel goes in strong, he tries punching Robby multiple times but Robby skillfully blocks all of them. His shoulder is open to attack though and Miguel punches it. Then Miguel sweeps his legs out from under him and punches his other shoulder, earning him another point. What the hell, Miguel. I came into this tournament rooting for Miguel, but now I'm really hoping Robby wins. This is no longer a fair fight.

"That makes it two points for Diaz," the announcer calls out.

"Time, time." Daniel comes running onto the mat.