Episode 9

We go to the park the next day, it's Miguel, myself, Aisha, Hawk, and Demetri. I'm happy that Demetri is here, I feel like we haven't talked in a long time. We're all sitting on a bench together, except for Hawk who is sparring with Bert.

"Come on, eat something. It'll make you feel better," Demetri says to Miguel who's still moping. I'm not allowed to tell him that I know about Robby, which is putting me in a crappy situation.

"I told you I'm not hungry, man." Miguel just plays with the sandwich in his hands.

"I still think you're overreacting."

"I'm not overreacting dude, I know what I saw," Miguel sounds so disappointed. I don't like lying to my friends, so I just stay quiet.

"Alright, so you saw her eating dinner with some chode," Hawk kicks Bert in the face. "It's probably just her brother or something."

"No, dude. Brothers don't look at their sisters like that." Was Robby looking at Sam romantically?

"Depends what part of the country you're in," Demetri says. I giggle a bit at that one.

Miguel goes on, "Look, I just don't want what happened to Sensei to happen to me."

"All right, so you go over to this kid and beat his ass so he doesn't have the chance," Hawk answers.

Demetri leans back, "Don't listen to Eli."

"It's Hawk."

"Yeah, whatever." Apparently Demetri wasn't too keen on the new name or hairdo. I was really hoping he would be supportive. "The fact is, Sam's given you no reason not to trust her."

Miguel nods, "Yeah, I guess you're right."

"Yeah."

"Oh, that little bitch," Aisha goes on to tell us about something with Yasmine but I'm not listening because Hawk sits down next to me and grabs my hand.

"Hey, you seem quiet today. What's up?" He asks me.

"Oh, just thinking."

He looks worried, "What about?"

I shrug, "Just Miguel's whole situation."

"Don't worry about that," Hawk leans closer. "Think about tonight instead, is it okay if I come over?"

I smile, "I'd love that."

"I gotta do something," we hear Aisha say in regards to Yasmine.

Hawk turns to the rest of the group, "How about we kidnap her, and have my boy Rico tattoo 'bitch' on her face?"

"Calm down, Hawk." Demetri over exaggerates Eli's new name.

"All right, I hear how you're saying it, and I don't like it." I giggle at that.

Aisha waves her hand, "Wait, wait. I've got a better idea. Look," she shows us her phone.

"Yasmines throwing a birthday party at the canyon later?" Miguel asks.

Aisha smirks, "Not if we strike first."

"Hell yeah," I high-five Aisha, tonight just got really fun.

~~~

We go to the mini mart to buy alcohol and beer. Miguel stays outside to call Sam while we go in. We grab all the essentials, sugar and carbs. "All right, be sure to stock up good," Aisha says. "I'm inviting everyone. "VIP only" my ass."

Demetri looks at her, "I still don't understand how we're going to buy alcohol."

Hawk walks past him and hears what Demetri said. "Oh please," he says smugly. "Never underestimate the power... of the hawk."