S3 E9

We get to the dojo early the next morning for practice. Hawk picked me up on his way there, he brought coffee and bagels. I love our quick breakfast dates.

Kyler and his group of friends got there at the same time as us so we all walked in together. We're trying, at least, to be civil with them. You know, we let them join our conversations and stuff.

"Riley!" I hear Tory call my name and a smile breaks out on my face as I turn.

"Bestie," I squeal like a middle schooler as she comes running up to us. "You're early."

"Yeah, my brother had to go early to school for something so I got to leave earlier."

"Niceeee," I bump her hand before we head towards the door. When we walk in, we see that Kreese is showing Robby how to attack. I already know that this isn't going to go over well.

The second that Hawk catches sight of Robby he starts moving towards him. "What the hell are you doing here?" He shouts at him. I'm surprised he's not ripping his clothes off ready to tear Robby to shreds. It's not just an ego thing with Hawk, I don't think he'll ever be able to forgive Robby for pushing Miguel off the staircase. He put his best friend in the hospital. That's not something you just get over.

"Hold on there," Kreese holds out a hand. "Mr Keene is our guest."

I look over to see Hawk's reaction. He's never looked so stunned before. Kreese has always been a, "hurt one of us and you hurt all of us," type of guy. Yet here he is defending Robby when he permanently damaged one of us.

Tory steps next to me and nods at Robby. I sense something there. They'd be good for each other. Kreese tells Robby to keep practicing before walking to his office. Hawk goes storming after him. I know nothing I say will change Hawk's mind so I don't follow.

"You stayed," I say lightly to Robby. "Missed us?"

He smiles a tad and shakes his head, still obviously uncomfortable in the new dojo. "Sensei Kreese wants me to stay but I'm going to go soon. I don't belong here."

"But you could," Tory protests. "Sensei Kreese could do great things for you, he'd make you amazing. Get you out of that weak Miyagi do bullshit."

"It obviously wasn't bull seeing as I almost won the All Valley."

"And you lost to a Cobra," I interject.

"He cheated," Robby snaps back.

"Yeah, but you still lost. Cobra Kai makes winners."

Robby shakes his head, "I can't. Have a good practice." He quickly walks into the back room.

Tory turns to me, "I think I'm gonna go talk to him a bit more."

"Taking a liking to the new guy, huh?" I have to tease her a bit.

She blushes, "No. I have no time for guys. Just feel bad for him, that's all."

"Mhmm," I shake my head unconvinced. "Keep your clothes on, Nichols."

"Bye," Tory laughs before heading after Robby. I can hear faint arguments coming from Kreese's office and I already know I'm going to have to listen to a rant later. This isn't going to end well.

~~~~

Hawk texted me that he was picking me up at 1pm. I have no idea what for. There's no more practice for today and we didn't have a date planned. If he just wanted to hangout he'd come inside...

I make sure I look cute just in case. I have a pretty cut out hot pink top on with a white skirt. The outfit feels preppy to me, different from my usual style lately. Most of the Cobras like to rep our colours which are red and black. Normally, I'd follow suit. Today feels like a colourful day though.