S2 E8

Hawk texts me about a thousand times that night. I text him back and tell him I'm fine, it was just a girl thing. He doesn't know what I mean so he drops it, not wanting to upset me. I answer his call, "Hey babe."

"Hey," he still sounds concerned. "Can I come over tonight?"

I smile even though he can't see it, "Yeah. Have you eaten yet?"

"Not yet, want me to bring something?" He's so sweet.

"No, I wanna make you something. Be here for 8?"

"See you then. I love you Ri," he says before hanging up the phone.

I go to my kitchen to cook up something nice. Maybe tacos? No, those make your kitchen smell. Well I know that he likes breakfast food. That sounds good, I decide to make him all the breakfast foods that I can think of.

He smiles when he gets here, "My girl." He says before pulling me into a bear hug. "Wanna talk about it?" Meaning what happened at Coyote Creek today.

"Nope, I wanna eat." I grab his hand and pull him into the kitchen.

"Woah," he says as he looks at everything. We've got pancakes, waffles, sausages, bacon, eggs, toast, cheese and biscuits. "Who's gonna eat all of this?"

I laugh, "Even if we only eat a quarter of it, Justin will finish all of it later."

He chuckles, "Where is your brother tonight?"

"In his room." Now that I think about it, "Would you mind if he joined us tonight?"

Hawk smiles, "Well we can't leave him out of breakfast for dinner night. Go get him."

I grab his hand, "Thanks. I promised him he could hangout with us for our next movie night."

"He missed me?" Hawk says surprised.

Nodding, I giggle. "I wouldn't be surprised if I came home to find him with a little mohawk of his own."

Hawk laughs and as I walk to Justin's room. I knock on the door, "Hey bud. Hawk is here to watch a movie, wanna join?"

Justin jumps out of his bed so fast, "Yes." He runs out to see Hawk, "Eli!"

Hawk laughs, "Hey man. How've you been hanging?"

"I'm good," Justin goes on tell Hawk all about his school and basketball. They talk while we eat and I almost feel replaced. It's really cute though, I love that my boyfriend has a good relationship with my brother. We watch all of the ironman movies and it's about 3 in the morning before we're done them all. My mom isn't home so we don't have to worry about her getting mad at us. Hawk decides to sleep over and we sleep in my bed. Tonight was fun, it completely made me forget about what happened today. But I do know that Kreese is right, I have to learn to protect myself. I'm going to worry about that later though. For tonight, I'm going to relax with my boyfriend.

~~~

The next day Hawk has to leave early so I go back to sleep once he leaves. I wake up later on to see Justin sitting on my bed. "What's up?" I ask him.

He whines, "I have a headache."

"Okay, go take some Tylenol."

"We have none, can you go get some?" Justin looks at me pleadingly. Ugh, fine.

"Give me five," I answer. He runs back to his room as I get up and changed. Then I walk by his room where he's sitting, "I'll go get you some pills from the mini mart. Be back in like 30 minutes."

"Be fast," Justin rolls over onto his bed and puts his pillow over his face.

I walk outside to see Johnny standing outside of his apartment, he looks upset. "Johnny," I call his name as I walk up to him. "Uh, thanks for helping me yesterday. I don't know if I said it yesterday, so thank you. Sorry if I worried you."