S2 E4

I wake up to see about fourteen texts from Demetri. When I open them I see the pictures that he sent me, he had to get stitches on his nose and it looks swollen. Oh my gosh. I immediately text him back, "What happened??"

He calls me about two minutes later, "I went to Cobra Kai wanting to sign up and some old guy punched me in the face."

I gasp. He means Kreese, I can't believe Johnny teamed up with that guy. He's horrible! I don't want him near Miguel or Hawk. "Demetri," I say. "That sucks, I'm sorry."

"Yeah, I called Eli to tell him about it and he just called me a pussy. I got punched in the face and he told me to stop being such a bitch. What the heck?" Demetri sounds so pissed off.

Hold on a second, "Eli called you a pussy?"

"Yes!" Demetri yells into the phone. "He called me a pussy and then told me that snitches get stitches. He threatened me."

"He wouldn't," I shake my head, not believing Demetri. "Eli wouldn't threaten you like that."

Demetri nods his head, "He did. He said, and I quote, "you know what happens to snitches, snitches get stitches." There's no way I'm just not going to say anything to anyone, that man needs to get in trouble for this." I don't even know how to respond to that, so I just sit here staring at my screen. "Riley, what do you think I should do?"

I sigh, "Don't go back to Cobra Kai, that's for sure."

"That's it?" Demetri exclaims. "Just don't go back?"

"I don't know," I frown at the floor, not knowing what else to say. Eli shouldn't have said that, he should've supported Demetri. But I also know how important Cobra Kai is to Eli, it's what made him Hawk. He's not going to give that up.

Demetri sighs, "I'm gonna go now, I'll talk to you later."

"Bye Demetri." He hangs up on me and I try to process what he just told me. I debate texting Hawk, unsure about what to say. I end up deciding against talking to Hawk about it, his friendship with Demetri isn't my business.

A notification pops up on my phone that I have a new message, and I open it to see that Aisha texted me. She wants to know if I want to go to the beach club with her today. The text reads: "Hey girl! I'm going to the beach club today with a new girl at Cobra Kai, was wondering if you wanted to come with? Let me know :)"

This is exactly the distraction that I need. "Yes of course! Could you pick me in 20 minutes pls?"

Aisha texts me back right away, "See you then."

I get up and shower really quickly, putting my best outfit on. My purple dress is off the shoulder and ends just above my knees. I curl my hair a bit and do my makeup before sending a mirror picture to Hawk with the text "outfit of the day".

Aisha knocks to my door and when I open it, I see that she brought the new girl with her. "Hey," I say smiling, then I turn to the other girl. "I'm Riley, it's so nice to meet you."

She smiles back, "I'm Tory, I hear you used to be in Cobra Kai."

"Yeah, I heard you just joined. How do you like it?"

"It's good," she nods. "I just started so I don't have much to go on though."

I walk out, closing my door and locking it. "You'll love it, it's really fun." I say to her, then I turn to Aisha. "Do I need to get a pass to go to the beach club with you guys?"

She shakes her head, "Nope, you're good."

"Okay, this is gonna be fun." I smile at the both of them as we get into Aisha's car.