S3 E7

Today Miguel comes back to school. Everyone is so excited, he's like famous now. All anybody can do is talk about the fight and how he went flying over the rail. I can't wait to see him, I've missed him.

I stopped by the market today to get some flowers for him. Yeah, yeah. I know flowers aren't technically a guy thing but I think he'll appreciate it. He deserves something. It's a big bouquet of sunflowers, symbolizing hope and the brightness ahead. Okay that was actually way too girly for me. But it's true, Miguel deserves the world.

Hawk and I made sure to be at the front of the school so that we could meet up with him the second that he walks in. All the students start applauding when we see him come through the metal detectors. There's a big banner over the railing saying "Welcome Back Miguel". I feel like they could've picked a better spot for that.

A couple of people make it to Miguel before we can, so we see everyone congratulating him. All of these people pretending they've always been there for him but I remember when it was just us. When we got bullied by everyone here. They're all fake.

"Come on," I nudge Hawks arm and push through the crowd of students so that we can get to Miguel. I may or may not have sent one girl stumbling into her friends.

"El serpiente!" Hawk and Miguel do their handshake.

"What's up," Miguel is smiling and it only gets bigger when he sees me.

"Welcome back King Cobra," I smile as I present him with the bouquet.

Miguel blushes and looks down before taking the flowers from me, "Aw Ri." He shakes his head, "You didn't have to."

"I did though," I go in for a light hug. It's gonna be weird having to take it so easy on him from now on. Especially at the dojo, I don't know what Kreese will think.

Miguel smiles, "Feels good to be back."

"They give you bionic legs or some shit?" Hawk jokes looking down at his legs. He doesn't even need crutches anymore.

"No, same old boring human legs."

"Lameee," I tease him. "Real question is can you still throw down?"

"That's right," Hawk says. "Gotta defend that title." He pretends to throw a punch at Miguel's chest. "You'll have to go through me first. Dude, Cobra Kai is crushing it right now." Shoot, Miguel still doesn't know about what happened with Demetri. He hasn't trained with Sensei Kreese like we have, he won't understand.

"Yeah I've actually been meaning to talk to you about that," Miguel starts. He hesitates as the bell rings, "I'll talk to you about it at lunch."

"All right sure." We say quick goodbyes and Miguel heads in the other direction.

I look at Hawk, "He still doesn't know about Demetri. He's gonna freak out."

Hawk shakes his head, disagreeing with me. "Nah," he says. "They attacked us first. We just showed them not to mess with us."

"Yeah that's true," I know Miguel will never see it like that. "If anything we could always just tell him it was self defence."

He nods, "True. I can't see him arguing anyways though. Once a Cobra, always a Cobra."

I go up on my toes to give him a quick kiss, "I'll see you at lunch."

He leans down and presses a kiss to my forehead, "See you then." Then he goes running up the stairs to hopefully not be late to first period.

~~~~

Our dojo is all sitting at our table at lunch. Unfortunately, this also includes the new Cobras. I swear Kyler never actually stops talking. His mouth is like a consistent announcement, he's so loud. I'm hoping he sees the dirty look that I'm giving him.