Episode 6

I told Eli I would go to his first class of Cobra Kai with him, for moral support. So here I am, standing with Eli and Demetri as we wait for the class to start. There's so many people here, everyone is hyped up after the fight and they all want to learn where Miguel does.

"Why did I let you talk me into this?" Demetri asks Eli. "This goes against everything I stand for. It's like extra gym class for no reason."

"Let's just give it a chance," Eli replies. "You saw the fight, Miguel kicked ass."

I hear Johnny attempt to get everyone's attention, "Okay, today we begin..." Nobody listens to him. So he decides to shout, "Quiet!" This automatically makes everyone stop talking. "Face front." Everyone turns to face forward as Johnny walks around us, taking everyone in. "Nice shirt," he says to Demetri.

"Thanks," Demetri sounds so happy.

"I'm joking, it sucks." I don't know if Johnny means to be this rude because he's really nice to me. Demetri looks down, disappointed because of Johnny's comment. Johnny walked around the room and insulted a couple kids, "When I walk around this dojo I don't see Cobra Kai material. I see losers, I see nerds." He directly insults another kid, causing another disappointed face. "But in my short time as a sensei, I've also seen some miracles." He looks towards Miguel and Aisha. I didn't know she had signed up, this could be good for her too. She could use the extra confidence. I should try to talk to her after class. Johnny goes on, "So maybe there's some hope for you yet. But first I need to see where you're at. So everybody, fall in!"

Everyone starts whispering to eachother, "What does that mean?"

Johnny calls out, "That means line up." We all walk behind Miguel or Aisha. "No not line up in a line, lines, get in lines."

Demetri looks at him confused, "You mean like rows?"

Johnny grunts. "Yes, that is what I mean."

"Okay," I whisper. Then we all line up in rows.

Johnny shows us how to do a basic forward punch and yells when he wants us to punch. He walks around the room while we do it, correcting people's form while he walks. "Hey lip," he calls towards Eli, who looks around nervously hoping it's not him. "Yeah you, the one with the freaky lip. Who do you think I'm talking to?"

I was about to interject but Demetri beat me to it, "Excuse me, Mr. Lawrence."

"Sensei Lawrence," Aisha says forcefully.

Demetri nods, "Okay." Then he turns back to Johnny, "You really shouldn't make fun of someone's physical appearance."

"Oh is that so?" Johnny looks amused, "So I'm not supposed to mention his lip at all?"

"Well, yeah."

"Maybe that's what they teach you in school, but in the real world, you can't expect people to do what they're supposed to do." Johnny turns to face Eli again for the next part, "You hear that lip? If you can't handle someone making fun of you, how are you gonna handle an elbow to the teeth?"

Demetria gestures dramatically, "By calling the police."

Miguel looks at Demetri, "Dude, knock it off."

"What?" Demetri exclaims. "He does realize the Nazis lost the war, right? Why should I be scared of him? Because he's got a snake on his wall? It's not like he's a teacher who can give us a bad grade. We're paying him, he works for us. It's not like he can actually hurt us." Oh, Demetri you're gonna regret that last part.

"Oh shit." Miguel sighs, knowing what's about to happen.

Johnny walks up to Demetri, "Are you done?"

"What?"