S3 E3

I wake up with a text from Sam, apparently there's a car wash for Miguel today. I wonder why she didn't tell me about this sooner, I would've offered to help plan it. Then again, I'm also part of her rival dojo.

I debate between texting Hawk, unsure if I should tell him because it's a Miyagi do thing, but Miguel is also his best friend. I decide to tell him: "Hey the Miyagi dos are doing a car wash this afternoon to raise money for Miguel. I'm gonna go, did you want to come with?"

After hitting send, I get out of bed to get ready. I grab my stuff for a quick shower. Hawk texts me back by the time i'm done: "They're using Miguel as their poster boy?" Crap. I was really hoping that he wouldn't look at it like that.

I text back: "No, they're doing something nice. It could raise a lot of money, you should come." Hawk doesn't reply so I take that as a no. It's too bad he's so into the whole karate war because him and Sam could be good friends.

I get out of bed to get ready and 20 minutes later I'm dressed cute about to leave. I get a text from Sam: "Your boyfriends a prick." Oh no.

"What happened?"

"I ran into him at the hospital when I was visiting Miguel. He got mad at me." That's kind of understandable considering the circumstances. She can't blame him for that.

I sigh before replying: "He's just worried about Miguel."

Sam types back fast: "We're all worried about Miguel." I don't respond because I don't know what to say. She'll be at the car wash later so I'll talk to her then.

~~~

Chris and I are teamed up at the car wash. Today has been so fun, everyone's in a good mood and we're making lots of money. Moon brought out the cheerleading team which is definitely bringing in a lot of customers.

I watch as some guys pull up in a car next to all of the cheerleaders. "Hey," the driver calls out to them. "Could we be next?"

Chris and I smile at each other before running over to their car. "Sure thing," Chris says as he crawls on top of their car. "You want the full wash and wax or just the wash?"

The driver looks at me, "Hold up. He's doing it?"

I nod, giggling. "Yeah he's gonna get you all straight."

"No streaks right?" Chris says to them.

I take the bill out of the drivers hand, "20 bucks. Thank you for your contribution." He frowns at me as I smile.

The rest of the day goes by perfectly. Everyone is getting along great and it's so nice to forget about all the karate drama. I promised Nate that I'd ride home with him, we both brought our bikes. The two of us haven't talked much since I got kicked out of Miyagi do so I'm looking forward to it. When I've finally finished cleaning up everything and can leave, Nate is nowhere to be found.

I run over to Sam, "Hey have you seen Nate?"

She turns to me and squints, "No. He has the money though so hopefully he doesn't get lost." Was it really the brightest idea to give all the money to the smallest kid in Miyagi do?

"Well can you let me know if you see him? He's not answering my texts."

Sam nods, "Yeah I will." She turns around to walk away but slowly looks back at me, "Did you invite Hawk today?"

"Yes, why?" How could she possibly know about that?

"I saw him with a couple kids from Cobra Kai. They didn't come close though so I'm not worried about it. I just didn't know why they would be here."