S4 E4

I haven't seen or heard from Kyler since we saw him at the diner. We haven't had practice in a couple days so I haven't had to deal with him at the dojo. I can sense Sensei Kreese keeping a close eye on me though. It's almost as if he knows I doubted my team for even just a second.

It's hard. I miss Hawk. I definitely miss Miguel and even Sam sometimes. Even if they're crappy people, they were still my friend at one point.

As long as these emotions don't come out at all, I'm good. Kreese can't find out, but especially Hawk. He's been relentless with me recently. We were in love. Now we're not. He needs to get over me and move on but he won't if he knows that I miss him too. I need this cold exterior to help me get through to the tournament.

Today they're having the grade 8s come check out the high school. All these mini students are getting in my way and it takes everything in me not to shove them over. I could punt these tiny kids like a soccer ball.

I'm half ready to shove a boy before I catch sight of Kenny. He's the new student that joined Cobra Kai a couple weeks ago. Robby has taken a liking to him also, they have this mentor thing going on.

"Ken!" I call out as I push forward to get to him. The crowd moves for me as I walk.

He smiles and grips my hand in the way that guys do. "Hey Riley. What's up?"

"How's your high school day going? Ready to be one of us."

"Nah," He's shaking his head as I start to chant.

"One of us, one of us," I'm giggling before realizing that I interrupted Kenny's conversation with someone. "Oh." He was talking to this short pretty girl with brown hair. "I'm Riley."

"Im Layla," she smiles back at me.

I turn back to Kenny, "Hey uh." I lean a little closer so as not to embarrass him. "If you're gonna flirt, might wanna make sure you don't spill anything first."

Kenny gives me a confused expression so I point to my chest, as in to say, check your own. He looks down to see the strawberry drip that landed on his Cobra Kai tshirt.

Quickly, he does up his sweater so that it covers his shirt. "Okay, well uh. I'll catch up with you guys later. Bye!" He scurries off to the washroom before Layla can even get a word in.

I turn to her, "So what's the deal with you two?"

"What?" She gets all nervous before she sees that I'm only joking with her.

"I mean, you guys were flirting with each other. It was cute though."

She shakes her head all flustered. "Me and Kenny are just friends. He's new here."

I nod a bit before smiling, "Well it was nice to meet you Layla."

"You too."

~~~~

I'm stretching at the dojo later surrounded by all my teammates. Cobra Kai has definitely felt off recently, these aren't people that I'm used to. Most of my friends left after the house fight and I don't even mean just Hawk. Tory and a couple others are the only familiar faces here.

"Yo, guys." Speaking of. Kyler, he's a pain in my ass. He is always trying to assert this male dominance over me. Like I've been here longer, I know more moves than him, I'm better than him, and he still can't respect me. He walks into my territory and thinks he's in charge? It pisses me off. There isn't even anything I can do about it though, Sensei Kreese says that we all need to work together. He keeps pressing that on me. I hate it.

Kyler continues, "My boy Rory, he got some free tickets to the drive in tonight. I think they're going old school with it, something called Bloodsport?"